Visiting India for a month, need advice.

• Thread starter Thread starter Lighterdog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,397
Hey guys, I will be visiting India for a long time soon and I require Internet for the time I'll be staying however I know nothing of the services in the country. I will in the Hoshiarpur, Punjab region. Also, I'll be residing in a village just outside of the city so I know that will probably be limiting.

I've done some basic research on the options and prices but don't have the information and experience you guys might have, to form a conclusive decision. Airtel 4G seems to be an option but it's very likely it won't have a good signal away from the city.

To put it simply I need the fastest, most stable ISP I can get in whichever form also note I will need wireless connectivity. Price isn't too much of a concern as they seem to be around 1000-3000 rupees for the month which I can handle.

IMPORTANT: I will only be requiring the internet for 1 month so I do not want to pay for any extra time. I'm not sure how it works but I've been warned that many problems arise due to this.

Thanks in advance.

4G is new in India and you will not find much reviews.

I suggest you ask people who stay in that village about good 3G based network.

Sometimes BSNL network work like charm (in remote location) even if its under-rated.

4G is new in India and you will not find much reviews.

I suggest you ask people who stay in that village about good 3G based network.

Sometimes BSNL network work like charm (in remote location) even if its under-rated.

What specific plan/service do you suggest with BSNL?

Prepaid SIM cards are available free of cost. Just get one for all network providers that are there. See which has the best signal and do an online recharge of whatever the best plan for them is.

Get idea sim or airtel sim card. Check website for plan you need. Idea got good 3G coverage all over punjab now.

Get Idea 3G as suggested above! I was easily touching 10mbps the last time i've used! I'm from Amritsar district.