Virus in firmware update e 1750

• Thread starter Thread starter Sumit Kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,489

Sumit Kumar

I have updated my firmware of E1750 Tmobile to version 11.126.03.01.55. At the time of updating there were few viruses in my PC. After update I found my data card is shutting down the window on connecting to internet BSNL 3G. I checked the firmware of data card and found it is having viruses inside. I m unable to remove it. the Card is running OK with mobile Partner but on T-mobile it is shutting down the window. anybody help me email littlemonto@yahoo.in

If your computer is infected, it may be possible that while flashing your modem the virus is also getting copies to flash memory.normally most viruses would attempt to make a copy of it to any newly connected drive/s, this is one of the way it is spread from one comp. to another.You should first ensure your system is virus free, before re-attempting re-flashing.Also disable all un-recognized items from start up list under "msconfig" and restart computer, then run a fully updated virus scanner.Grab a copy of norton trial, it will remove the viruses and keep you secure for 30 day trial period atleast.

Thanks, I have downloaded E1750Update 11.126.13.00.157.B418.exe but on running the following message is coming "The source version isn't compatible with target version, before updating ,please input password". Moreover If somehow I get the password then, I have heard that if firmware is asking password while updating then, the data card get locked again. Presently my card is having the software of T-mobile firmware version 11.126.03.01.55. Plz help me

Presently my card is having the software of T-mobile firmware version 11.126.03.01.55.

It appears that your data card is locked. All firmwares with the highlighted digits 11.126.03.01.55 other than the 00 are branded firmwares. These must be used with locked modems specific to a telecom brand. If you use such versions with unlocked modems, it will get locked again. That's what happened to you now. The firmware 11.126.13.00.157 is not specific to any telecom brand so can be used with unlocked modems.

You should now unlock your card first. Only then you can update your firmware. You should have taken special care while updating firmware.