• Thread starter mayank1200
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 2,617
mayank1200

mayank1200

ISP
airtel
i hv a virus called "w32.jeefo" in svchost.exe,norton is unable to treat it and also windows is nt allowing me to delete this file . wt shud i do? :(

L

LoneCrusader

Regular
....i guess you should switch to another anti virus too...possibly something that treats viruses rather than become a pain in the ass itself.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
reports claim symantec and other popular antivirus applications fail to treat 80% of the viruses in the wild.

mayank1200

mayank1200

ISP
airtel
ya thats true....i used kaspersky

Y

yogi

no fate but what we make
ISP
pacenet
use avg

K

klp

ISP
airtel
avg network edition works best for me as it is light also so that no time in startup.

A

aniketvb

Linuxguy
ISP
Cox Internet
Linux works best!! LOL ...seriously ....since I shifted to Linux, I can use more of my cpu cycles for my apps rather than antivirus(Norton used to eat up a lot). On the other hand , I still have retained WinXP for certain windows only apps....and till now I dint have huge virus problems since I am using AVG Free Edition. Also I have Sygate firewall , the windows firewall is not as reliable.But wht I have noticed so far is, if you use your computer with a little more care, no viruses come. For example shifting to Firefox/Opera solves half your problems. Also keep a limited user account and use it for potentially infectious activities( I mean pron :) )Using this strategy , a friend of mine actually manages with no antivirus (he cant use coz he has P3 866Mhz and cant spare cpu power for anitvirus! ) ..he has had no trouble for the past 2 years

M

mystery_inc18

Regulars
ISP
Airtel (512kbps)
lolz i know 2 ppl who are doin the same since quite some time now and they r both on this forum. btw i'm using Bitdefender and its working fine for me :) :)Norton is good but it uses up a hella lot of resourcesMcafee's shit !!!! My comp got all messed up when i had mcafee's internet security suite.AVG i don like coz i don trust stuff thats free :p :pKaspersky,...ya its ok not too good though.Zonealarm.......its firewall is only good rest everything is BAKWAAS !!!!rest of the AV's i can't recall at the moment :p

L

LoneCrusader

Regular
I like avast better. Works great for me and becomes quite powerful and armoured when paired with Trojan Hunter and sygate firewall.

B

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
IS AVG Free edition good enough? Is the profeesional edition any better

M

mystery_inc18

Regulars
ISP
Airtel (512kbps)
nope i don agree, some are good some are bad.