Virtual Server tab blank

• Thread starter Thread starter fisher
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 6,529

fisher

ISP
bsnl
Hi,I have a Huawei SmartAX MT882 ADSL modem, I see a blank page when i try to access Advanced---->Virtual Server, earlier I was able to access this page, also I'm not able to reset my modem using the reset button at the back...what needs to be done???

Try holding the reset button for 30 secs (with the power on). Without releasing the reset pin, switch off the modem. Wait for another 30 secs. Now switch on the modem (the rest pin shouldn't be released) and hold it for another 30 secs. Then release the rest pin. This method is termed hard reset and usually is taken as one of the ultimate methods to revive the modem.

Hi,

I have a Huawei SmartAX MT882 ADSL modem, I see a blank page when i try to access Advanced---->Virtual Server, earlier I was able to access this page, also I'm not able to reset my modem using the reset button at the back...what needs to be done???

Which browser are u using?
have u switched browsers recently.🙂

Try holding the reset button for 30 secs (with the power on). Without releasing the reset pin, switch off the modem. Wait for another 30 secs. Now switch on the modem (the rest pin shouldn't be released) and hold it for another 30 secs. Then release the rest pin. This method is termed hard reset and usually is taken as one of the ultimate methods to revive the modem.
Thanks a lot cool_techie_tvm...vil try this

Which browser are u using?
have u switched browsers recently.🙂
I was using firefox and m using firefox....dint switch browser....even tried it on IE but nothing happens

@fisher
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
Are you on \"Dialup\" mode ?
In Advanced only Virtual server page is missing or other pages too ?
http://192.168.1.1/hwhtml/pMain.html
Thanks a lot essbebe
How do i check whether m on dialup mode?????
other pages namely Home---->NAT, Advanced---->Applications, Advanced---->Filters, Advanced----->Firewall....are missing 🙁

@fisher Wait before you reset the modem.
1.As soon as you switch on the system and the modem are you connected to Internet ?This is called "Always On ' or PPP/PPPoE and youenter your Id & PW in the modem.
2." Dialup" you have to enter your ID and Password externally and you get connected.
( In network Wan Miniport)
In this case NO Port forwarding required.
3. http://192.168.1.1/hwhtml/pMain.html
You may not see these settings if you are on Dialup mode.
4.SmartAX MT-882 ADSL MODEM MENU

@fisher Wait before you reset the modem.
1.As soon as you switch on the system and the modem are you connected to Internet ?This is called \"Always On ' or PPP/PPPoE and youenter your Id & PW in the modem.
2.\" Dialup\" you have to enter your ID and Password externally and you get connected.
( In network Wan Miniport)
In this case NO Port forwarding required.
3. http://192.168.1.1/hwhtml/pMain.html
You may not see these settings if you are on Dialup mode.
essbebe...i m not in the dialup mode...cause when i start the modem its internet ready....m on the PPP/PPPoE connect...but still virtual server is not accessible

OK.
You can try resetting the modem, after noting down present settings in the modem\

:huh:OK.
You can try resetting the modem, after noting down present settings in the modem\
present settings would be tools--->system settings and saving the .cfg file...rite:huh:

1 .. Yes you can save present settings under tools in the modem. 2....IN IE Tools/Internet Options.Clear all temporary files.Try the modem IP address I had given ?

1 .. Yes you can save present settings under tools in the modem.
2....IN IE Tools/Internet Options.Clear all temporary files.
Try the modem IP address I had given ?
Thanks a lot essbebe...

@fisher What happened ???? !!!!!Problem solved ? could you access the Virtual servers ?

essbebe....nothing happened man :O....m still not able to c the virtual server page...reset doesn't help...what do i do:huh:

Option 1. In WAN page select Bridged. Use WanMiniport to dial with your ID PW.
All ports open. Use AV/firewall programs.
Option 2:
Can you upgrade your firmware ?
Give me your firmware version. for Smart Ax MT882.
This is the download page for:
Name: V100R002B023.bin
Size: 1MB
Description: V100R002B023 firmware for Huawei MT880 and MT882
The download link is located below.
Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
Option 3 : Try to exchange the modem in BSNL office !

Huawei SmartAX MT882
Current Firmware Version: V200R001C01B021SP03
Firmware Date: Jun 20 2005

Kindly send me the firmware link