Virtual networking

ISP
BSNL-FTTH
i want to join a number of systems in a VPN(Zeri Tier), but iam unwilling to install ZeroTier on all nodes, how to get into my existing home network with single node

Make one of the ZeroTier nodes as the intermediate device which routes traffic from/to ZT (enable IP forwarding).

You'd need to add the appropriate route for your internal network to go via the intermediate node in ZeroTier console, and add a static route on your main router for all ZeroTier traffic to go via that internediate ZT node.

I do exactly this and works great.

To give an example with IP addresses. Let's assume your ZT network space is 10.0.0.0/24 and your home network space is 192.168.0.0/24.

Now your intermediate node would have ZT installed and would be part of your home network, two interfaces.

ZT IP - 10.0.0.10
Home Network IP - 192.168.0.10

Now on ZT console you'd add a route for 192.168.0.0/24 to go via 10.0.0.10 and on your home router you'd add a route for 10.0.0.0/24 to go via 192.168.0.10

Thank you for your reply @varkey . actually i am understanding the concept that you are saying but iam new to ZT and BSNL-FTTH last week only i got my connection.. so iam having no idea how to implement it practically. can you please say it elaborately

And i also readed your sip access from remote loction (out of home network) with the help of ZT .

i also like to do that same for me but not having any practiacal idea..

and aslo i did'nt have two routers as you.. iam using the native xpon ONT router which is given by LCO. now it is configured with a telephone line cardless phone(hard phone)

It would be much easier if you get yourself an OpenWRT capable device to be used as your primary router. That can be made your ZeroTier router/intermediary device as well. Same for remote VOIP/SIP.

Without it, it's going to be difficult, else you'd need to designate an always on PC to do that job.

yes i planeed to use a rashberry pi for this job ... and i did'nt prefer to use another router.. because iam in need of using rashberry pi

and i having one dout @varkey as you said in early posts we can use bridge mode and bind LAN 2 port for that voice configiration
what i like to know is can we create another AP(SSID_2) in the ONU and is it possible to bind that second AP with that
if i did like that it will work or not? and is that supports SIP Forking..?

XKmUor1.jpg

👆 this one...

Iam trying to use SIP via wifi itself beacause it's easy to connect smart phone and with SIP client i can make call easily insted of using the telephone