Vikings

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 6,195
Let 2 seasons pass. then it will be good to watch in one go.

thanks for pointing this one out, checked it out after reading about it here, and it a frgging awesome show !!! total viking stuff and legends and as history buff i am just loving it !!

Oh wow. The lead actor was an underwear model for CK!

He reminds me a lot of the character of Jax Teller...

Seen all broadcasted episodes. Very good show. A must watch. Little blood. Practically no nudity. Still amazing. 😀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTzYlqJvzFISeason 2 starts next month. Brilliant brilliant show.

A good show BUT I didn't like it as much as I'd hoped. It was probably my mistake to binge watch this first season immediately after I binge watched the final seasons of "Spartacus" and "Borgias."
The opening theme song is awesome. Katheryn Winnick is hot.

I guess it's largely because it is made for the History Channel and not Starz? 😀 The focus is on storytelling rather than sex and nudity? 😀

Did my post imply that the problem was the lack of nudity and violence on "Vikings?" I'd guess not. I'm aware that this is on basic cable channel. That was not a problem. I just didn't like this show as much as I liked "Spartacus" or "Borgias."
Gratuitous nudity and violence is secondary to story telling for me. It's only a bonus to an interesting plot. That's why I don't watch a show like "True Blood" which is pure crap but contains lot of sex.

At least it is not a documentary style show 😀 What I would normally expect from History Channel.

No, it's a good show. I was just saying that it didn't appeal to me as much as I'd hoped.
In the mean time, Discovery is airing it's first scripted series called "Klondike." It's a 3-part mini-series (around 90 minutes run time each without commercials) airing on 20, 21, 22 January. I'm planning to watch it once all 3 episodes aired. It's a period drama about the Yukon gold rush. It's supposed to be good. It will be beautiful to watch, especially on big HD screens. It stars Tim Roth, RIchard Madden (Rob Stark on GoT) and Abbie Cornish.

Tim Roth. I would watch anything featuring him. He was pretty amazing in Lie to Me.