• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 31
  • Views: Views 10,912
J

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
ISP
Reliance Wired Line
I have 42" LED, and i havent noticed pixelation, except for some times in rains. That also stabilises in few minutes. And pixelation more depends on quality of channel itself. If theres a song which is upscaled from SD to HD, it does pixelate in fast motion. But i watch Travel XP, Star Cricket HD......no pixelation at all on these channels, no matter whats the speed of objects [email protected] xmen......Whats that VC number??

V

vvh80

ISP
BSNL
@KopOut , I know that pixelation can occur in some channels in bigger screen LCD/LED TV. But that depends on your TV's Refresh rate as well.Have you compared the pixelation of D2h with any other DTH service on the same channel and on the same TV?You would have to do an Apple to apple comparison before giving a comment saying D2h is not good. I am actually looking for such a comparison.I would want to go and see such a comparison if available in any electronic store.

X

xmen360

Regular
ISP
bsnl
^ Some random numbers flash on screen like JKLMHYJII most of the times , at times its the card number of the STB atleast on Dishtv. Its for security purposes if some cable wallah transmits his personal feed to others then they will be able to catch him. My question was for recorded content, when played back do those numbers flash too ? or its only for the live feed ?

J

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
ISP
Reliance Wired Line
Ok. I think yes. I had actually taken note of it that the nos. come even in recorded content.

K

KopOut

Regular
ISP
Bsnl
D2h have small transponder space and many channels. its not a rocket science why they have got poor video and audio quality.

J

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
ISP
Reliance Wired Line
We are not any sales guys of D2h or any CC representatives, to try & keep convincing u. Neither are they going to give us any share out of their profits!!U have all the rights to stay in denial mode, but truth is truth. Atleast those who use the service, who have actually seen it, never fuss over it. Its just the people who dont use it, create fuss, coz of the rumours spreading around.

X

xmen360

Regular
ISP
bsnl
^ Alright. I guess its time to upgrade to HD :) was waiting for the star bouquet of channels to arrive on d2h. Man had it been a bit more cheaper it would have been sone pe suhaga.

I

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
If having such low TP capacity, Videocon d2h is providing 12 HD Channels and that in Awesome Quality, then Hats Off to them.Thanks KopOut for providing info for TPs low capacity. But that will again count a plus point in favour of Videocon for providing Maximum HD and SD channels .

J

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
ISP
Reliance Wired Line
Its good time to switch to HD, but yeah i am expecting that somehow the monthly charges of HD packs shud reduce.

Logically speaking, it wud be good if they just club all 12 HD channels into a single package and say if its charged around 135-150 pm, then too i wud grab it for sure!! Other DTH players offer All HD channels under a single package, so these guys will be compelled to do that, just like they were compelled to reduce the price of HD DVR.

----------

@ Mascot......

I think thats possible due mpeg4 compression, which makes it possible to transmit more stuff thru the available space. Thats what i have learnt here!!

I

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Its good time to switch to HD, but yeah i am expecting that somehow the monthly charges of HD packs shud reduce.

Logically speaking, it wud be good if they just club all 12 HD channels into a single package and say if its charged around 135-150 pm, then too i wud grab it for sure!! Other DTH players offer All HD channels under a single package, so these guys will be compelled to do that, just like they were compelled to reduce the price of HD DVR.

Then why don't you subscribe for Platinum HD Pack dude . I feel its much better than subscribing HD Channels individually :)

J

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
ISP
Reliance Wired Line
C'mon, shud i spend almost 450pm, just for "TV Viewing"??? Or its almost 5k a year........who watches so much in the end? Out of 24 hours a day, we can at max watch TV for say about 12-15 hours a day - thats totalling up timings of different members of the home. Thats roughly around 5000 hours for 365 days.In effect its Re.1 per person per hour. Whats the need of that??Spending 441pm is quite different from spending 300pm!

I

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
hummm. Even 12-15 is quite much. I can watch max to max 4 hrs excluding Sunday. :cool (2):

J

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
ISP
Reliance Wired Line
I meant 3 persons multiplied by 4-5 hrs per person.......

V

vsat26

ISP
airtel
it would look flawless when you have got smaller tv and when picture is static. you will notice real quality when things are moving fast in the video. from what i have seen d2h is the worst of them all.

anybody thinking about moving to d2h is making a big misatake.
I totally agree with KopOut. I switched from Airtel HD to Videocon HD-DVR yesterday (2nd Aug 2011) and the HD channels picture quality is very poor compared to Airtel HD. I regret about my decision of switching from Airtel to Videocon now. Rs.4500 is waste. FYI I have 42" LG LCD tv.

I

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
What kind of difference between is there in PQ between both. As you have used both the products, you can explain more precisely.