Videocon D2H Picture Quality

• Thread starter Thread starter vsriram
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 11,289

vsriram

ISP
Airtel
Hello, I am planning to order D2H because you get more channels for less price when compared to Airtel. I want to know the picture quality of D2H when compared to Airtel. Also, Does it have any logo issues like BigTV. From all the threads i read on D2H i see that they are support issues. people are also worried about STB. Can you guys educate me whether these are valid now? Is the D2H STB really that bad and overheats? Thank You,

Hello,
I am planning to order D2H because you get more channels for less price
when compared to Airtel.

I want to know the picture quality of D2H when compared to Airtel.
Also, Does it have any logo issues like BigTV.
From all the threads i read on D2H i see that they are support issues.
people are also worried about STB. Can you guys educate me whether these
are valid now? Is the D2H STB really that bad and overheats?

Thank You,

I'm using d2h from the last three months. Never had any issues with the stb till date... Customer service is good too.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

It dosent hv those problem any more. I am using it for the past 7 months now. Initially I had some problems, but now it work flawlessly. The Tariffs are also good. Sent from my LG Optimus One(Android 2.2 Froyo) using Tapatalk

I had never even heard about the issue of "Over-heating". So, u can be assured that it shouldnt be a problem now.

As regards Picture & Sound quality - when u compare the STandard Definition of others with D2h, i dont think there is any huge difference.....i have always found the Standard Def decent enough. When i say this, even consider the fact that i watched Standard Def on 42" TV......

And HD - well, the Quality is good in that as well - surely a few notches better than Standard Def - i could see a few differences in the sharpness of picture. And HD channels are amazing - Travel XP HD is the channel that is available only on D2h.

Only issue can be pricing of HD - compared to other DTH, pricing OF STB is on a higher side.....
Yes, but surely, pricing of Standard Def is the best u can get.

🙂I am using from last 5 months, i didnot get any problem till now. the CC people r very good.🙂

Previously i was using Tata Sky, not i am using D2H for the past 3 months. I dint fee any pic quality difference between TS and D2H. Also D2H provides more channels with low cost.

A person from South would be in a better position to answer this!! Wait for 1,

I am using D2H since Oct 2009 and can assure you that the picture quality, STB built quality and Customer service are very good.Initially I had problem with Picture quality. I called the CC and they sent a technician very next day to replace the STB (DVD-USB).My place of residence is such that Couriers from notable courier companies get returned due to no service area but D2H tech guy arrived the very next day after filing a complaint.No problem since then.

vsriram, Did you buy D2h and how did you find the quality?I am also planning to switch over from Dish TV to D2h HD DVR. I need inputs from current user if it is a good decision or not?

For switching over from Dish to D2h, i have heard from few of my relatives who used Dish previously & have switched over to D2h. And frankly speaking, i really dont get this fuss over bad PQ/AQ of D2h. Its flawless to me, except when theres some bad weather an disturbance occurs.

it would look flawless when you have got smaller tv and when picture is static. you will notice real quality when things are moving fast in the video. from what i have seen d2h is the worst of them all. anybody thinking about moving to d2h is making a big misatake.

@kopout .. which channel are you referring to ? I havent yet witnessed pixelation as such on d2h ,atleast on the mainstream channels. Tv is 29 inch Crt. @Jaymin ... Does the recorded content when played back show the VC numbers ? Or is it devoid of them ?