Videocon D2H HD will have 19 Asli channels

• Thread starter Thread starter BISWRANJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 6,833

BISWRANJ

ISP
D2H HD
Today's TOI, Mumbai edition has carried a advt. stating the following...Videocon D2H HD will have 19 Asli channels1) Colours HD2) Star Plus HD3) Star Gold HD4) Star World HD5) Star Movies HD6) Zee HD7) Star Cricket HD8) ESPN HD9) Movies Now HD10) Discovery World HD11) NGC HD12) TEN HDThey will shortly add following13) Zee Cinema HD14) Zee Studio HD15) History TV HD16) CNBC Prime HD17) UTV Stars HD18) M Tunes HD19) 3D activeThey will also take the total chanel list to 350 numbers..

The highlight for me over here is MTunes HD. I was desperately waiting for an HD Music channel, with less of nonsensical bollywood Gossip. Few Ads here or there can still be tolerated, but still it has to be a Music channel in HD!

----------

And on a sidenote, i think this thread shud be merged to the other thread "New channels getting added....." Coz thats the main thread to discuss any new additions. Pics can be shared somewhere else, but atleast the thread for such informations can be common.

I found a statement in small letters in the picture, that quote Figure of 2.7 crore consumers is on the basis of 5 members per household for each subscriber as per sensus . is this true ? In this era how many houses have 5 members ?

It will have. Even if theres 1 kid in a house, then too the kid, the parents & the grandparents make it 5 members. And then there are various combinations......there can be only 1 grandparent & 2 children, and whatever.

It will have. Even if theres 1 kid in a house, then too the kid, the parents & the grandparents make it 5 members. And then there are various combinations......there can be only 1 grandparent & 2 children, and whatever.

If grandparent is in our house most likely chance of a Multitv connection. so that makes less viewers in single connection or they calculate multitv as as single connection?

Thats a weird scenario buddy! I mean do u have multiple connections at home due to grandparents? On multiple connections..... i think multiple connections will still be issued under a single registration.

This makes the count less on connections but makes the viewers count bigger . 🙂 Some people have 3 -4 multitv connections from 1 Dish ,

Multiple connections will have Multiple STB's. i dunno if they Treat Multiple STB's under 1 registration as Multiple connections or a single connection

Assuming total connections and viewers are not correct, There are many deactivated connections in each DTH , they give us the sold or activated connections from the start of their service.

In that pic they mentioned 32 Tamil Channels but They have only 30 Tamil Channels, that it means they will add 2 more Tamil Channels 🙂

Update on the topic.....I just had a chat session with the CC of D2H..The following is the transcript of the chat session...There is no commitment on part of D2H, on the time front so as to start the promised new HD channels...-----Chat transcription :-D2H : Welcome to Videocon d2h. How may I help you.Me : 31st March TOI, Mumbai edition has carried a advt. stating the following... Videocon D2H HD will have 19 Asli channels....Me : 1) Colours HD 2) Star Plus HD 3) Star Gold HD 4) Star World HD 5) Star Movies HD 6) Zee HD 7) Star Cricket HD 8) ESPN HD 9) Movies Now HD 10) Discovery World HD 11) NGC HD 12) TEN HD 13) Zee Cinema HD 14) Zee Studio HD 15) History TV HD 16) CNBC Prime HD 17) UTV Stars HD 18) M Tunes HD 19) 3D active.....this channel list was givenD2H : please be informed that we are working to include the channels advertised on our platform and necessary changes will be implemented shortly.Me : The announcement by D2h has left us with a feeling that we are about to get that any time...now can u tell when it is really going to happen...D2H : The launch news will be available shortlyMe : As five days are over since the announcement..D2H : As confirmed, kindly wait.Me: any rough idea about the timeline...one week, month...or few months...D2H : We cannot say since no details are availableD2H : regarding timelineD2H : please waitD2H : Is there anything else I can help you withMe : nothing is better than waiting...D2H : We shall notify to all customers once any changes are implemented.D2H : Thank you for contacting Videocon d2h. Have a nice day.Me : waiting is terrible...it would have been better if d2h has deferred the announcement to time the actual launch..Me : Ok we have no choice....but deal with the waiting game by d2h

Update on the topic.....I just had a chat session with the CC of D2H..The following is the transcript of the chat session...There is no commitment on part of D2H, on the time front so as to start the promised new HD channels...

-----

Chat transcription :-

D2H : Welcome to Videocon d2h. How may I help you.
Me : 31st March TOI, Mumbai edition has carried a advt. stating the following...

Videocon D2H HD will have 19 Asli channels....
Me :
1) Colours HD
2) Star Plus HD
3) Star Gold HD
4) Star World HD
5) Star Movies HD
6) Zee HD
7) Star Cricket HD
8) ESPN HD
9) Movies Now HD
10) Discovery World HD
11) NGC HD
12) TEN HD
13) Zee Cinema HD
14) Zee Studio HD
15) History TV HD
16) CNBC Prime HD
17) UTV Stars HD
18) M Tunes HD
19) 3D active.....this channel list was given

D2H : please be informed that we are working to include the channels advertised on our platform and necessary changes will be implemented shortly.

Me : The announcement by D2h has left us with a feeling that we are about to get that any time...now can u tell when it is really going to happen...

D2H : The launch news will be available shortly

Me : As five days are over since the announcement..

D2H : As confirmed, kindly wait.

Me: any rough idea about the timeline...one week, month...or few months...

D2H : We cannot say since no details are available
D2H : regarding timeline
D2H : please wait
D2H : Is there anything else I can help you with

Me : nothing is better than waiting...

D2H : We shall notify to all customers once any changes are implemented.

D2H : Thank you for contacting Videocon d2h. Have a nice day.

Me : waiting is terrible...it would have been better if d2h has deferred the announcement to time the actual launch..
Me : Ok we have no choice....but deal with the waiting game by d2h

Hi,

I also did the same thing by looking at your chat and here is reply, standard reply from them

You are now chatting with : Roy
Roy:
Welcome to Videocon d2h. How may I help you.
You:
31st March TOI, Mumbai edition has carried a advt. stating the following...
You:
You:
1) Colours HD
2) Star Plus HD
3) Star Gold HD
4) Star World HD
5) Star Movies HD
6) Zee HD
7) Star Cricket HD
8) ESPN HD
9) Movies Now HD
10) Discovery World HD
11) NGC HD
12) TEN HD
13) Zee Cinema HD
14) Zee Studio HD
15) History TV HD
16) CNBC Prime HD
17) UTV Stars HD
18) M Tunes HD
You:
when will be these other HD channels will be added on your platform
Roy:
The new addition will be announced shortly
You:
As five days are over since the announcement..
You:
any rough idea about the timeline...one week, month...or few months...
Roy:
Currently we have no information available; kinldy wait
Roy:
kindly wait
You:
and also other other dth have added Set Max HD, any chance you adding it?
You:
also when will this migration to new satellite ST2 will take place?
Roy:
Set max HD is not available with us'
Roy:
Please provide your customer id
You:
so there is no chance of adding Set Max HD in few days
Roy:
That's the internal activity and decisions
Roy:
You:
54772578 is my cust id
Roy:
as informed Set max HD is not available with us
You:
so the advertisement was given in paper was to just to create hype and nothing esle as you have not yet added any of those channels
Roy:
its already inprogress
You:
but u don't know when can we expect it, any way we have no choice but to wait .....
Roy:
and the same will be implemented shortly
Roy:
Currently we have no information available
Roy:
kindly wait
You:
ok thanks

----------

Hi,

I also did the same thing by looking at your chat and here is reply, standard reply from them

You are now chatting with : Roy
Roy:
Welcome to Videocon d2h. How may I help you.
You:
31st March TOI, Mumbai edition has carried a advt. stating the following...
You:
You:
1) Colours HD
2) Star Plus HD
3) Star Gold HD
4) Star World HD
5) Star Movies HD
6) Zee HD
7) Star Cricket HD
8) ESPN HD
9) Movies Now HD
10) Discovery World HD
11) NGC HD
12) TEN HD
13) Zee Cinema HD
14) Zee Studio HD
15) History TV HD
16) CNBC Prime HD
17) UTV Stars HD
18) M Tunes HD
You:
when will be these other HD channels will be added on your platform
Roy:
The new addition will be announced shortly
You:
As five days are over since the announcement..
You:
any rough idea about the timeline...one week, month...or few months...
Roy:
Currently we have no information available; kinldy wait
Roy:
kindly wait
You:
and also other other dth have added Set Max HD, any chance you adding it?
You:
also when will this migration to new satellite ST2 will take place?
Roy:
Set max HD is not available with us'
Roy:
You:
so there is no chance of adding Set Max HD in few days
Roy:
That's the internal activity and decisions
Roy:
You:
XXXXXXXX is my cust id
Roy:
as informed Set max HD is not available with us
You:
so the advertisement was given in paper was to just to create hype and nothing esle as you have not yet added any of those channels
Roy:
its already inprogress
You:
but u don't know when can we expect it, any way we have no choice but to wait .....
Roy:
and the same will be implemented shortly
Roy:
Currently we have no information available
Roy:
kindly wait
You:
ok thanks