Videocon D2H HD DVR User Experience and Review

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhishekk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 463
  • Views Views 143,724
Did anyone try to record more than 41 hours of HD content? I'm totally surprised, after it crossed about 40 hours it ran out of space. When I contacted the useless CC, they are asking me to reset the DVR.( They say this whenever you contact them!) Its not even close to what they claim in the add and website as 70 hours of HD / 200 hours of SD.. If anyone has used close to 100 % of recording, please count the hours and share the results of total HD and SD content.. Thanks Srinivas

First u send them ur issue in an email, and if that doesnt work, TRAI. Believe me, when u go to TRAI, they always solve ur issue.

I remember seeing a buffer for live TV recording. Probably you can reduce that to zero and try? It was somewhere in the setup menu.

Did anyone try to record more than 41 hours of HD content? I'm totally surprised, after it crossed about 40 hours it ran out of space. When I contacted the useless CC, they are asking me to reset the DVR.( They say this whenever you contact them!) Its not even close to what they claim in the add and website as 70 hours of HD / 200 hours of SD.. If anyone has used close to 100 % of recording, please count the hours and share the results of total HD and SD content..

Thanks
Srinivas

U know by default DVR reserved 1% space of disk for run time (live) recording. If u off the setting of automatic recording it will record 100% of disk space. Try it.

Logically seeing Maxie has a valid point. I dont know the reality.

It bcoz of u Jaymini I aware this thing when u reply in other thread that when I off the setting it stop live recording. Then its open secrete that they cancel that 1% reserved space & available it for recording.

Yeah I agree that they reserve 1% of space for live recording.. but even taking that into consideration, it still way off the target of 70 hours! Simple add 2 hours to 41 or 42 hours of recording. It doesn't even come close to 70 hours of HD Recording. Let me try it though. I will write to their CC too. Will post the results if it gets solved.

Dont know & never try for that but it seems u want to confirm their claiming. Did set off to automatic recording? I cant say much about this because I never tried that but as can possible for me I will give u tentative suggestion. Go through change the setting once.

OK I need your help. I have been a Dishtv subscriber since 2007. now i am planning to get a HD connection and I am thinking to buy Videocon D2h HD.
So kindly can someone give me the full channel list including all HD channels available. And are all sports channels available in PLatinum HD pack, Neo Sports, Sony Six etc?
[/QUOTE]

All sports channels are available on Platinum pack except Sony Six.There are 13 HD channels on D2h and a further 6 are to be added soon as assured by the company.The list of HD channels is available.on D2h website.Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

D2H HD box doesnt have RCA cable connection if u have respected box right tv then its ok. I heard it

I just saw that they have STOPPED the sale of HD DVR. Does anybody know why? I asked the CC but he did not know