Videocon D2H HD DVR User Experience and Review

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhishekk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 463
  • Views Views 143,688
Review of new 500 GB D2H DVR box-Features-Pro:1.Can record 2 channels at a time and view anyone of those two that time.2.Now dolby digital audio is coming from hdmi. My tv is a certified dolby digital device.3.Pic quality is superior than my hd box.4.Have two usb port..I think we can view only picture through it...not tested.5.Signal strength and quality in satellite management looks true..unlike hd box where all the times signal strength is 100%.6.Very good feature mark-skip-watch..at the time of recording you can mark the advertisement period and at the time of watching you can skip those periods.7.Box looks good.8.Got a seagate 500gb 5400rpm hdd in it.Cons:1.While playing back recordings sound is distorted all the time..which is really unbearable cause it's there through whole clip...be it hd/sd recordings.2.Take long time to boot up.3.Remote is uncomfortable..have once off recording button at top and stop recording button at bottom.If you guys can suggest some solutions on audio distortions it will be awesome cause D2H guys are still unable to resolve this.One guy from Q&A visited my place...still no resolution...not sure what to do now.

Review of new 500 GB D2H DVR box-

5.Signal strength and quality in satellite management looks true..unlike hd box where all the times signal strength is 100%.

Jaymin bhay ab to vishwas karo. Actually mene kuchh baar notice kiya hai agar 60% koi baar down ho to d2h kuchh kam kar deta hai.

7.Box looks good.

Muze nahi lagta naya achchha hai, muze to puranahi pyara hai.

2.Take long time to boot up.

Ye to hona hi tha. Mera dvr drive 149 gb hai aur wo 80% bhara hai to boot up ke lie 4 minute lagta hai. Naya to 500 gb ka hai. Kya hota hoga? 😀

3.Remote is uncomfortable..have once off recording button at top and stop recording button at bottom.

Soch raha hoo naya kharid loo kam se kam naye dvr ka feel to aayega 😀

@ lake dish size?

It's 75 cm now..though they are thinking about installing a 90 cm dish cause as per them recording audio distortion is occurring due to low signal quality and strength.The one and only main issue is audio distortion during playback...does this happen in old dvr box?

User Interface kaisa hai? Please snaps upload kar dijie.

Dhanyawad!

Same like your HD Box latest UI

How come u know that? 😛 Did you change your stb?

No bhai, saw pics on other forums. No such plan to upgrade. No great features in the new dvr

IM Dhanyawad,Right. Purana adala badali mat kijie. Warna hame jyada der tak dvr booting ka wait karna padega.Translation:IM thanks.Right. Dont exchange old box. Otherwise we need to wait for long for dvr booting.

Not only that. It has lots of issues too. There are many complaints of it on their Facebook page

And i have registered a complaint about their old DVR, hoping that i get a replacement for that!

Not only that. It has lots of issues too. There are many complaints of it on their Facebook page
Which box are u referring old or new?...and what are the issues can u please mention..

^^
Bump...bump...
Nice thread. Bought Videocon 1000TB DVR last week. Ive read thro' this entire thread - nice thread.
Anybody knows how "Series Management" works ? When I try it, it shows No Series added and I can't find a way to add series !