Videocon D2H HD DVR Issues: Help Needed

madhusudhan7

leaguemaddy
ISP
ACT 300 Mbps FTTB | Airtel 200 Mbps FTTH backup | Airtel 4g B593 Router | Airtel 5g on Mobile
I recently bought a 'Videocon D2H HD DVR' and need help with some of the issues
STB Model # 4614
1. The last software update (loader status) was in "November 2012" (this was the same software when it came out of box , even before we connected it to the dish, I checked it myself). I left the box in 'ON' & 'STANDBY' status for a few days with no luck, it's even connected to the internet from the Ethernet port.
*What's more surprising is that the box was manufactured in October 2012 as printed on the box but the software update is of 'Nov 2012' - I can't tell if the box was opened/used before I bought it, could not find any signs of usage on the STB or the accessories but the box had 2 ‘Videocon D2H’ seal stickers & you can imagine why a second one was put.
2. The interface is slow & hangs at time, even requiring a full STB restart - i think a software update may fix it but is there anything else that i can do (I was using Tata Sky HD DVR before this, TS interface is very smooth & user friendly compared to D2H)
3. STB heats up a lot, I’m not saying that it's "too hot to touch" but pretty close to that. I turn off the box at night now - just to let it cool off (TS used to run forever, it did hang at times & hence requiring a restart but very rarely)
4. I bought 2 years of 'South Platinum HD' & was told that this includes all channels but still don't get a few channels like #550 - some music channel etc
5. I initially bought a 42 inch LED "Phillips DDB" TV with inbuilt STB/Receiver and then upgraded to HD DVR because the TV itself didn't have the recording featurea as claimed by the dealer. I LOST ONE MONTH's SUBSCRIPTION on my 2 year package - original expiry was sometime in Feb'2015 but now shows up 'Jan 2015' as the expiry date. I paid 6.5k for the HD DVR & was told that it comes with 1 or 2 months of HD package for free + includes everything like installation, activation etc - is this not supposed to addon to my original expiry in 'Feb 2015', why are they deducting one month instead. *I did call D2H Customer Care for all of this but didn't get proper answers, CC is of no use 🙁

*Please help me with answers of all these questions. Thanks in advance

More than a hundred views & yet no reply 🙁
*Can someone at least help me with the latest update version / date of the D2H HD DVR STB (model # 4614)

4) I can confirm that not all channels are covered in any package. Like some Sun group's channels. You either need to get specific package or get add-ons.
http://www.videocond2h.com/WSC/packages.aspx
5) I believe there was a price increase in videocon packages. I am not sure, if we are price protected. I think the increase in price has resulted in this