Videocon d2h HD Channels Pics and Review Mega Thread !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 163
  • Views Views 58,788
i think videocon D2H provide cheap price HD channels and also highest number of HD channels then other DTH provider .

i think videocon D2H provide cheap price HD channels and also highest number of HD channels then other DTH provider .

HD minus 5.1 output 🙁

Dear Customer
Thank you for writing to Videocon d2h.
We are in receipt of your e-mail and will get back to you shortly.
This is an auto-generated response. Kindly do not reply on this mail.
Important Note :
1) Your product( including remote control) is under one year warranty from the Date of purchase/activation.
2) The outdoor unit( cable, antenna assembly and connectors) is under 6 months warranty from the date of activation of services.
3) After expiry of above warranty period you will be charged Service Charge as per below table
4) Out of Warranty, product/part replacement (If required), will be charged as per Price list which our engineer will inform you after inspection of the product
5) Please refer to our website for any further details.
Warm Regards,
Customer Care
Videocon d2h
Guys so d2h stopped giving lifetime warranty. Got this reply for an issue regarding signal interruption.

Did they mention any * or something on the Lifetime warrranty offer? If yes, then chances are, they must have changed the policy!

When I purchased it in website it was written life time warranty..now it's omitted..with their quality I hardly believe the box will work after 1 yr...

For that matter, mine is working fine since Feb 2011. Just that due to lack of software updates, it has some software glitches.

After installing 75cm antenna my signal quality was greater than 90%(technician said it's impossible to achieve 100% quality..I showed them picture from this forum where many users are getting 100% quality..so they said it may appear in some places). Now it's around 60-65%. Even if there is slight rain/wind blows picture hangs and I have to unplug and plug the box. It was not a problem when quality was greater than 90%. Technician who last came had no patience to align the dish so I could get full signal quality.

I think u write to ur zonal head or someone. Coz i think u have already written to the Customer care email id?

Technician came and realign the dish..now signal quality is at 90%. As per them it is the maximum signal quality I will get as the length of the wire is 20 m. If the wire is 12m long there might be a chance of getting 100% quality.

To an extent, i think their contention is believable. Since i too have a long wire, and 1 of the 2 bars is not 100% for me. But its that close then, and am getting superb viewing experience.

I am having an 18 m long wire, with a splitter with a secondary connection for a different room, which is another 12 m in length (and only one STB). I am getting 80% signal strength and great picture quality in both the rooms.

Guys I will be getting a hd DVR box soon...just want one clarification...will it be able to record a program for a particular time of 1 hour for 2 months straight...suppose the box is switched of around noon..I want to record program suppose at 10 pm..so if the box is powered on before 10pm will it be still able to record pre-scheduled program...please reply in details.

Box shud be connected to ur power source & it shud have the inputs connected. As far as 1 month is concerned, that shud not be an issue. Even in old DVRs we set such schedules. Only problem was, due to some bug, everything wud get wiped off after 20-25 days on its own - all schedules, all series recordings......But i dont think that shud be an issue with the new one.

Hi GuysI am new to this website. I am from mumbai looking to buy Dish Antena bt I am confused between Vediocon D2H , Dish TV, Airtel and Tata Sky . Considering the Mumbai Rains effect on picture Quality and Customer care. Which one is better. Pls help me friends. ThanksSiddharth