Videocon d2h HD Channels Pics and Review Mega Thread !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 163
  • Views Views 58,795
add a decent home theatre to D2H HD, and the world will change like anything...

Not sure, but I feel D2H does not have too much space left to add too many channels, especially HD.

Anyone knows how :Series Management" works in Videocon 1000GB DVR?
I can schedule a daily recording at a specified time but there is an option of Series Management which I'm not able to figure out how to use.
Another item....
I've a Sony Bravia KD46EX720 TV and a basic Philips HTS3010 Home Theatre 5.1
I've connected DVR to TV with HDMI
TV headphone audio jack to Philips HT RCA (Red & White)
It seems I'm getting 5.1 Dolby effect. How do I know if its Dolby or not? When I check on Philips HT panel by pressing Remote button "Surround" it shows "Stereo" and "DolbyPLII" (Dolby ProLogic 2) toggling - effect of "Stereo" is just loud whereas effect of "DolbyPLII" is refined with bass & other effects clearly felt thro' all 5+1 speakers.

I don't know exact menu option for Series Management, but generally TV Series are provided some particular ID (series ID) by which STB understands that set of programmes are part of same series. Hence if we select Series Recording, all episodes of that programme get recorded, and no need to schedule individual recording of each episode.
But this series ID should be set by broadcaster for Series recording feature to work. It works fine on my Airtel DTH Recorder, and I have put series recording for Star Plus serial Mahabharat at 8:30 PM, and daily episode is getting recorded at that time.

^^^
Exactly.
There has to be a way or am I missing something.
How do we use Series Management in Videocon D2H DVR?
PS: When I try it, it says "No Series added". Now the question is how to add the series for recording?

In my 1000GB d2h DVR, in the Menu option, there is no "DVR" or "My DVR" option. Instead there is a "Recordings" option which contains 5 options:
- Recording Library
- Scheduled Recordings
- Flexi-time Recordings
- Series Management
- Record History
The Product info shows Download ID as 44.
Anybody knows whether this 44 is the latest download ID or is there any subsequent downloads?
I called CC, they don't have a clue as expected and when I persisted, the floor supervisor disconnected the call. I again called and asked for the same floor supervisor, he again disconnected the call 🙂

It's the latest stable release. But some text boxes have already received OTA update having download id 47

Can you upload pics of Gemini and other new HD channels got added recently.
Thanks.