Videocon D2H has grouped all HD channels at the last

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
This is good news for a lot of people. But on dad's TV, it's horrible because he never goes that far which means that he has not loaded any HD channel since this change was done. I guess I should downgrade back to his old plan.

In Tata Sky, guide has a separate HD section

Videocon remote/ui seems to be super complicated. And dad is of course an old fashioned guy. Just uses the up and down buttons. And stays in the range which has all the business channels! I plan to set up favorites for him sometime when he is in a cooperative mood. But I have never seen him land on a HD channel! Seems like a waste. :\

You can group all HD channels as favorites. Up to 80 channels can be saved as favorites in 4 lists of 20 channels each. Then, you can use numbers 1-20 and use the red, green, yellow, blue buttons to toggle between the 4 lists.

I understand how to use that feature. Getting my dad to use it is not going to be much fun. He is bound to get confused when TV is in favorite mode and only showcasing a few channels 😀

Does he watch less than 80 Channels? If so, you could group in 20s.. And then colour is associated with the grouping

For example, for me, Red for Sports - HD first & then others, Green for English Mov/Ent, Yellow for Hindi Movies & some other key channels in Blue.. Always HD channels up front.

And make a small note denoting the color and the channels and paste it on the back of the remote 😛