Videocon D2h first day experience- Ordered online

• Thread starter Thread starter aashishkul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 332
  • Views Views 51,345
In 32 Inch Tv, the SD images should not look so stretched. if possible could post some Screen-shots of it??

Guys, I'm planning to take D2H today and could you guys tell me what to look for the best picture quality while installing and how to look. Should the signal strength and signal quality both be as close to 100%? Someone here said that signal strength(or was it signal quality, I'm not so sure) always remains 100%. Also where on the set top box setting should I look for to see both the readings?

The readings wont be available on the STB. That will appear on ur TV. Or they have their signal meters, on which the reading appears.

Got my D2H HD (not DVR). Signal strength shown on TV as full green bar and signal quality green but not full may be 85-90%. Picture qualuty is good as far as the channels I've viewed are concerned. Also my box says May 2011. The download ID is 8. Is it supposed to be that?

All those who are buying HD boxes, have said that their ID is 8. So i guess that shud be it!

When the password is asked first time, u enter 1234.For the second time, u enter: the 4th, 6th, 8th, & 10th digit of the 11 digit number on the Smart Card. Or may be the box......

It works. Thanks mate. My signal strength is full and the quality is 90% i think.Are the 22khz and Diseqc supposed to be Off?Also does DTH providers calculate all months as 30 day months or are they calculated according to each month(ie 31 for dec , 30 for nov etc).

No body has any idea on 22khz & Diseqc as of now......I think they calculate it on the basis of no. of days. Say if u buy a Platinum HD pack of 441 pm.....then it will get divided by 30 for months consisting of 30 days. And it will b divided by 31, for months consisting of 31 days.

After a lot of confusion in deciding between AIRTEL and D2h,Finally decieded to go with videocon D2h HD.Yesterday ordered online,1st time i got transaction declined and i tried 2nd time ,payment has been made successfully but the page got stuck where it will redirect to the merchant site. I got a message from ICICI that 2890rs has been debited from my account.Still no mail or call from videocon d2h. I sent a mail to them and also called 02242000555,They said they will call back.So waiting for their confirmation.Still i am not sure whether they have received the payment or not.Already my Tata Sky account has expired.

It works. Thanks mate. My signal strength is full and the quality is 90% i think.Are the 22khz and Diseqc supposed to be Off?

Also does DTH providers calculate all months as 30 day months or are they calculated according to each month(ie 31 for dec , 30 for nov etc).

22 khz is an equipment with 2 lnb input x 1 (to receiver) output I guess specially use in case of C + ku band lnbf. Disequc is another equipment where a receiver can add 4 & more lnbf itself. Depend on user which diseqc user prefer. For exameple: 4 x 1 / 8 x 1 etc.

@ Rock....If money has left ur account, then they must have received the payment. U shud be contacted soon. If not, then u shud get after them.

@ Rock....

If money has left ur account, then they must have received the payment. U shud be contacted soon. If not, then u shud get after them.

Thanks. I paid using ICICI credit card. The page got stuck after the payment has been made so that it did not go back to the videocon page.
Now the ICICI is saying that amount has been paid and merchant will claim it any time within 21 days.
Videocon is saying that they could trace any transactions.

Even though their customer care seems to be polite and helpful i am getting quite restless as i did not renew my Tata Sky account.
After lots of mails and calls since monday, finally decided that they will wait till tomorrow for the payment or else i will make a fresh payment and get the old one cancelled once its claimed my the merchant.

I got a call from AIRTEL also, They girl claimed 2690rs for HD connection using IVR payment.I told her that if i pay online,i need to pay 2640rs(after cashback) only. She told if i pay online,nobody will take responsibility and also its difficult to get the installtion quickly.

So i went ahead with videocon itself.

Ok. But in any manner the only concern is that money shudnt b lost. If u can recover it without much hassles, then nothing like it! 🙂