Videocon d2h+ DTH detail review

• Thread starter Thread starter rehan200723
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 20,853

rehan200723

ISP
local cable
I have been using D2H for last 7 days and I must say that I am extremely impressed. Previously I have been using Big TV and must say that D2H is far better in terms of picture and sound quality than Big TV.Initially when I purchased the Videocon satellite box, there were some hick ups. My installation voucher was not working and I lodged a complaint in customer care, it get sorted out by next day .Installation was smooth; the guys from D2h were really good.D2H Picture quality is very good. But channel change speed is little slow .Also I must say there STB not a great looking, it gives you a feeling of cheap build quality. I have little problem with remote control’s responsiveness.But I think these can be sorted out .there was no High contrast issue in my case.At Rs.250 you can get all channels. My verdict Videocon D2H is really good, if anyone getting a new connection you should give a try. :thumb::thumb:

I am using videocon over 45 days and I am very much happy with this.Picture Quality is awasome and very sharp.Sound quality is also very good.On my 1st week there was some hanging problem(2-3 times) ,but after Software update it is gone.Now there is no problem.Except STB looks,everything is great.I am using Diamond pack and it's costs to me per month Rs.241(I have recharged with one year top up).:urock::urock::urock:

Hello guys, I'm from Kolkata too... I've a few questions🙂...

Do you guys know from where I can get a demo of Videocon d2h stb?

I got a list of retailers from the official www.d2h.com website using my area pin code... Can they give a demo of the STB?

but after Software update it is gone

Where did you get the SW update?

Did a technician from videocon pay you a visit OR you took it a service center OR you returned it back to the shop you brought it from?

Do normal Videocon service centers entertain d2h stb customers, do they've the know-how of the working of the stb & can they provide support if the instrument is broken (i.e. faulty/not working)?

OR (if the device is faulty)

Do I've take it to the Kolkata Nodal Office for Videocon d2h service:

Bharat Business Channel Limited
Azimgunga House,4rth Floor,
7 Camac Street, Kolkatta 700 017.
West Bengal
Contact No :033-22895140 / 033-22895141
?
^will they repair/replace it?

Thanks in advance...

Q.Hello guys, I'm from Kolkata too... I've a few questions...

Do you guys know from where I can get a demo of Videocon d2h stb?

I got a list of retailers from the official www.d2h.com website using my area pin code... Can they give a demo of the STB?

Ans: yes they should. its a free demo of STB/DVD/LCD etc. depends on which product do u wnt to purchase.

Q. Originally Posted by jayeetadhar
but after Software update it is gone
Where did you get the SW update?

Ans: it was auto run by D2H. dont worry abt that.

Q.Did a technician from videocon pay you a visit OR you took it a service center OR you returned it back to the shop you brought it from?
__________________________________________________ ___________

Ans: After buying stb/dvd etc. u have to purchase a voucher from same dealer of Rs.300/- for 2 months sub. + free installation or Rs.1600/- for 10 months sub +free installation.

The whole procedure of installation is done by dealer u dont worry abt that. A tecniciation ll come into ur home & in 1 to 1.5 hrs he done his job . time schedule is depends on u.

Q.Do normal Videocon service centers entertain d2h stb customers, do they've the know-how of the working of the stb & can they provide support if the instrument is broken (i.e. faulty/not working)?

OR (if the device is faulty)

Do I've take it to the Kolkata Nodal Office for Videocon d2h service:

Bharat Business Channel Limited
Azimgunga House,4rth Floor,
7 Camac Street, Kolkatta 700 017.
West Bengal
Contact No :033-22895140 / 033-22895141
?
^will they repair/replace it?

Ans: Every product is 1 year full warranty. If something bad happens u have to call cc then cc handle the whole procedure. some body taken this from ur home.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Thanks in advance...

Procedure: go to dealer ----Rs.1390/- for STB---- demand Rs.100/- dealer cash discount.----recharge ur a/c by Rs.1600---- instead of Rs.300/----- u have to get 10 months subscription. Total cost is for u is 1390-100 if gain+1600=2890/- for 10 months. Compare to others the bunch of Rs.450/- channels (450*10) u have to get in Rs.2900 with stb, remote, installation etc.

u have not worry abt sound,picture quality. its best rather than Tata Sky DTH.

also u have get 80 fav. list, tickers Radio, etc.

Regards

@romitI have got demo from a dealer near Bangur area.I think you can get demo of STB or dvd player from any dealer ,but for demo of integreated LCD Tv you have to visit Next-videocon retail store.It is not avaliable everywhere.Don't worry about Software update .It was autorun.I think there was two software update in last 45 days.For any service related issue or hardware issue just call their customercare.They will try to resolve the issue or will send any enginer to your Home.I have found out their customercare is pretty good.

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

But channel change speed is little slow .Also I must say there STB not a great looking, it gives you a feeling of cheap build quality.
I got my d2h installed yesterday only and i am satisfied with everything except these two things mentioned by rehan, their pic and vid quality is great but it's channel changing process and interface is slow 🙁

I hope this will get rectified soon 🙂 otherwise it totally rockkks :irock:

Videocon should release a software upgrade soon to tackle this issue.Did any of you contacted CC for this issue? They should be aware of this problem.

Videocon should release a software upgrade soon to tackle this issue.

Did any of you contacted CC for this issue? They should be aware of this problem.

Yes! I did.

When i told them that their interface is really slow as compared to Tata Sky, dishtv and hathway, then he said that sir it all depends on the reception/satellite thing but i am unable to agree on this as strength is 100% and signal above 70% here :/ He also said that nobody ever complained about slow interface and for a moment i was like WTH!!

Their stb looks cheap and i think they will have to change and get a new ones soon. I have used hathway and tatasky, both have solid stbs and interface as compared to videcon d2h.

Main thing i like about d2h is it's 275rs plan and i hope they will do something to this slow interface and make it more user friendly like tatasky/hathway.

Any one have D2H - 1002 model satellite box. Its new one and released few weeks ago.

I got my connection 2 days back only and afaik it is the latest one.

I have seen the D2H dish size is smaller than other DTH. Does it has impact on picture quality?

larger dish size helps in better reception during bad weather. does not matter much otherwise.

Hello Everybody, This forum has help me a lot. And so I am writting my review for D2H DVR Finally I bought HD DVR on 11th May morning. At evening 07:00pm their man came. But on looking at HD-DVR they informed that they have brought dish for normal setup box and it will not get installed. Ok, happens..... On 12th May their man came at afternoon around 02:00om, installed the HD-DVR replaced my old dish and placed new big dish. They also activated 136+tax package on it within minutes. BUT MAIN THING FOR WHICH I EXCHANGED MY STB , FOR RECORDING, IS NOT WORKING. It is giving error like " STARTING FAILED: E101-29:NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS HD-DVR SERVICE" He informed me that it will get activated in 24 hours. But I smelled that he is trying to escape from his responsibility. Soon he left I called CC and there she informed that recording facility should get activated instantly. And they will send engineer. I am fan of videocon, and if electronic item of videocon is available I don't go for other company. Firstly, their after sales service is excellent, and secondly I prefer to purchase items from Indian company rather then foreign company. But in this case my experince is little bit different. On phone they are saying there is problem and they will send technician and it should get activated instantly. But their technician is saying total different thing. He is saying it will get activated from company automatically. I am sandwitched between both of them. Lets see when I will get solution to my problem. 24 hours are passed yet not acivated. Also their remote is 3rd class. The man who came to install , was able to activate only volume increase butoon on universal remote. He informed that there is problem with my TV and other function will not get activated and I have to use both remote. BUT EARLIER I WAS USING VIDEOCON NORMAL SETTOPBOX AND IN THAT UNIVERSAL REMOTE WAS ACTIVE WITH ALL FUNCTION. So this is the 2nd problem he tried to escape. Normally, videocon technian do not do this type of escape. I am using other appliances also. After he went , I tried to active other key on remote, and I was successfull in ON/OFF button, which he was not. But still I can only do ON/OFF and volume increase. Other button likes volume decrease, mute, TV/AV are not working at all Remote of old STB was very good. big switch, even old person like my mom and dad were able to use it very confirtably. But this remote is very much conjusted. Too many switches and too small. My parents cant use it without specks or without difficulties. Also switches are hard. Dont know remote is new thats why or it is a problem. Also, 2nd problem is that, while switching on TV , HD-DVR gets switch on automatically, THATS VERY GOOD, but most of the time it does not get switch on automatically. There is 100% some problem with HD-DVR and remote. 3rd problem is that on site they informed that we can record for 200 hours. I earlier post here that can we increase this through external memory or not, and I got reply no. BUT I AM SHOCKED THAT IN TV UNDER SETTING THEY SHOWS ONLY 71 HOURS. AND IN THEIR MANUAL ITSELF IT IS WRITTEN THAT RECORDING CAN BE DONE FOR MAXIMUM OF100 HOURS IS NORMAL VIDEO AND 30-35 HOURS IN 30-35 HD VIDEO.THOSE WHO PURCHASED CAN REFER THEN FAQS IN MAUAL. WHY SUCH MISGUIDING. ON WEBSITE SOMETHING ELSE, AND ON MANUAL SOMETHING ELSE AND ON TV UNDER SETTING SOMETHING ELSE. There is 100% some problem with my DVR . But it seems that they will not provide solution easily or change it easily I have read some case here, that they got relief/solution after 20-30 days under D2H DVR and 50-100 phone calls. But it my case, only 2 days are passed, lets see when I get solution.