Videocon D2H DTH: Clarity Issue

• Thread starter Thread starter pkarthik24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 404
  • Views Views 52,647
I agree with you in this case. This is rediculous. In HD 100% and SD 75 % .

Today the engineer came, now the Quality has became 75% from 80% He changed the LNB and checked but now all waste... He said i have to Have HD Box so that i can get 95% and also he said 100% not possible at all.... arguing with him is totaly waste.... he said even i can visit his store they also get the save Quality strength not 100%....

I have some amount recharged.... i will wait until diwali for diwali offer then i will think of moving AIRTEL or good DTH

Their lifetime warranty procedure start from Rs. 50 and onwards & the deduct the amount from user's A/c. If you direct pay what was the amount? If you are going to ADTV & specially for SD I will suggest you that go to watch demo of SD Recorder (160 / 100 GB) from Airtel with basic packs if you dont want to move HD DVR & if you move to HD DVR then you get 550 GB memory hard drive which is good option with only higher pack nt. But keep in mind that they get box back if you are longer time inactive subscriber. Please what did you pay to the engineer? Basis on that I think to go to engineer or not. Thanks.

If you only move to HD then RDTV HD is best as they claim but I didnt try for that to know is it true / not.

Today the engineer came, now the Quality has became 75% from 80% He changed the LNB and checked but now all waste... He said i have to Have HD Box so that i can get 95% and also he said 100% not possible at all.... arguing with him is totaly waste.... he said even i can visit his store they also get the save Quality strength not 100%....

I have some amount recharged.... i will wait until diwali for diwali offer then i will think of moving AIRTEL or good DTH
Karthik, Me too, facing the same issue with PQ on my 42" LG LCD Tv (1080p input). Posted about the same in broadbandforum. Earlier I had airtel HD d2h and the PQ was superb. in Videocon HD d2h, even the standard channels PQ is very poor. Those who has experienced/had airtel HD d2h and then switched to videocon HD d2h only will realise what I mean and going thru. Gave a complaint to videocon, engineer came home, he couldn't do anything except agreeing with me that PQ is not as expected but he was not willing to write it and give. BTW, the signal strength and signal quality are 100% on my STB. One thing I noticed was, my LG TV (42LH50YR) is 1080p input type. whereas the videocon HD d2h STB gives output in 1080i only. there is no option of having 1080p in videocon STB.

1080p is not available anywhere in India right now. Its bandwidth hungry.

And even after having 100% Quality & Strength, u have to get good output. Firstly, what wires are u using to connect STB to TV?
Secondly, do u have any magnetic item placed around ur STB? Magnetic includes An adaptor, or a Speaker, or Hard Disk or any CD/DVDs. Its the habit in many homes (Mine included) to have Speakers around, or place a CD Wallet by its side. I even had an External HDD around. I corrected everything.
Otherwise, we have very recent post by a person, who SAID VIDEOCON'S OUTPUT WAS A LOT BETTER THAN AIRTEL'S WHICH THEY USED JUST BEFORE VIDEOCON.

----------

@ pkarthik....

Thats ridiculous on the part of engineer. I think u shud take up with TRAI. U just have to drop an email to them. NO COSTS INVOLVED. Try doing that once, it shud work. Else it wud be like running away from the situation! 😀

@ Jaymin

Here this technicians are like gundas with political support... if u put more complaints they will do something different, today only they are looking at us differently that like we are uneducated or technically person, See if i am leaving D2H means its loss to the D2H only... i will throw their STB to Old paper mart.... same did for Sun Direct also... letz explore the DTH Market....

1080p is not available anywhere in India right now. Its bandwidth hungry.

And even after having 100% Quality & Strength, u have to get good output. Firstly, what wires are u using to connect STB to TV?
Secondly, do u have any magnetic item placed around ur STB? Magnetic includes An adaptor, or a Speaker, or Hard Disk or any CD/DVDs. Its the habit in many homes (Mine included) to have Speakers around, or place a CD Wallet by its side. I even had an External HDD around. I corrected everything.
Otherwise, we have very recent post by a person, who SAID VIDEOCON'S OUTPUT WAS A LOT BETTER THAN AIRTEL'S WHICH THEY USED JUST BEFORE VIDEOCON.

----------
I use HDMI cable to connect STB to TV.
Yes, adaptor for STB is placed near to STB (1 foot away).
No speakers or external hard disk is present near STB. but since this is a DVR STB, it has its own hard disk.
I gave a complaint again today and waiting for the Engg to visit.

@ pkarthik....

Thats ridiculous on the part of engineer. I think u shud take up with TRAI. U just have to drop an email to them. NO COSTS INVOLVED. Try doing that once, it shud work. Else it wud be like running away from the situation! 😀
In fact the service engg asked me to write a letter addressed to Videocon saying since the PQ is not satisfactory pls cancel the connection and refund the amount (minus installation charges).. I did the same and gave the letter to him. but after that no further communication... instead my previous complaint was closed saying "check the LCD tv with nearest service center".

If it like so, they why throwing it. Just courier it back to d2h team. That would be better reply to them. Aise Gunde mujhe Milne Chahiye the...... Then it would have been a wonderful experience !!!

The reason why i am telling u this is - Any company u choose, is too big to notice a customer leaving due to this kind of unsolved issues. U say u will throw away their STB. But that will go unnoticed altogether. And as u said technicians in ur area are like that only, so i guess the other technicians of other companies also will behave in similar manner.So u keep changing ur provider for petty reasons, and that ADDS TO UR STB COSTS. U said u left Sun Direct, and now u have D2h. U still want to move to some other player. A few months or years later u will again move to other player due to similar issues. Question is - How many Set Top Boxes will u keep buying?Instead, just drop an email to TRAI, and some senior will have to look into the issue.

I think Jaymin is rite. You should face the situation . But again its your decision bro, bcoz you can better analyse the situation of your city 🙂

When u send an email to TRAI, TRAI asks that same question to the concerned company, along with the justification for not addressing the issue. And then the company haa to attend to ur issue & rectify it. Not only that, they also have to send a letter to u + to TRAI once the complaint is solved to ur satisfaction.But yes, u r the best judge of conditions in ur locality, so its ur call whether to go to TRAI or not! 🙂

Dudes... before i was in bangalore... there nobody can play like this... but presently in tirupathi its small town with more unsecured... if i keep on pressure them they will try to take an revenge in different way at the end loss is ours.... If D2H has given the Tirupathi technical service to the local xxxx means.... The D2H also the same...

One or the other day we will get DTH Portability for sure as the problem from DTH Operators is raising day by day...

Even we have the D2H online team here, they even didn't care to reply also... it means.... (Their (Head Office) customer service is very good but local technical team is bad... they have change them... else we are redy to move to different service provider.... )

Lucky that i didnt buy the HD DVR... (the tchnician already promised me that i wont get 100% Quality Strength)....

@ vsat.....

I think ur issue too shud be genuine. Why dont u also contact TRAI then? Thats always the last resort, if u have a genuine case, and they arent listening to u.

----------

@ pkarthik....

Did u contact the Mumbai Office of D2honline? ie, Where Vineet has office? U can call them up once or send a mail to Vineet xplaining ur issue.

See the only problem that i find in ur case is that - How many times will u keep changing STBs? If u r comfortable with spending so much, then u can go ahead with changing.

@ jaymin: Bt Kartik Issue is that, wherever he complains it will again be diverted to local engineers. No one from mumbai or Delhi gonna visit tirupati. And same engineer would be coming. Even if they read this thread and take action against engineer and sack him, still he will try to take revenge . So, it seems to be a quite complicated situation .

Yeah situation is complicated! Its his call now really. We sitting in our residences/offices wont understand the kind of hold those people have in that area. Just like i didnt knew the hold that ur Cable Operator had in ur Area! 😀U found a way urself. may be he too can find some middle way - its really not feasible to spend for STBs every now & then!