Videocon D2H DTH: Clarity Issue

• Thread starter Thread starter pkarthik24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 404
  • Views Views 52,641
pkarthikDid the problem solve with unpacked dvr / not?jayminWhat is lip-sync? I dont know what is it.

It was the A/V mismatch problem of Star HD Channels re. Dont tell me u dont know about it 😛It got solved after they made system level changes.

I thought right after post my last reply. Thanks. Now dont u have such a problem? I face it with Star Pravah & never found a solution & waiting for pkarthik replace box result too. If u dont now face the problem I also would like to complaint for that to cc. Thanks.

I got a Audio missmatch and some clarity issue too, that was rectified with the Swapped Box... now i am facing Movie Stucking problem & HDD problem... hope i am explaining clrealy in the Previous thread... The Area Manager called me and said he will be coming on Wednesday... lets see...

@ MAX, my issue wasnt solved by changing the box. He changed it, but it didnt solve the issue. Then they made some changes in their systems may be, which rectified the issue. Never have i faced such issue after this solution.@ Karthik,Movie getting stuck.....hmm, do u have any magnetic thing like Speaker, HDD, or even ur Phone around ur STB? I had placed my external Hard Disk by the side of DVR once & it was getting stuck. Other thing thats possible is that signal might have gone weak. Check out whats the thing!

@ JayminNothing Like that... Today the Area Manager visited my place and saw my Complaint... he checked everything was as per my complaint... even there was some HDD issue on the DVR... He called his Superior and checked, later he bought one SD Box and one HD Zapper box and checked all worked perfectly with my connection... then they concluded that problem is with the DVR only.... I asked about the swapping box process, he explained as... If i have problem they will provide one box and my box will be sent to the factory for the fault... once repaired it will kept in the Swapping Dept. next time any other customer facing problem with the Box they will sent this box.... I cleared him i need only the NEW and Latest Box not the OCT 10 packed one... and the seal also should be opened in my presence... he agreed for that and he doubted whether they have anything after OCT 10 packed... he will escalate to Nodal officer and get back to me at the earliest.... Hope my problem will get rectified soon...

What is the issue if they give a refurbished DVR? They will give it only after checking thoroughly. And anyway there is a 5 year warranty on the product. In 5 years set top box will become outdated and there will be something new. Is there any specific reason you ask for a new DVR and not a used/repaired?

I think his current issue has come up just coz his current DVR is a used one. If i m not wrong, he had swapped once not so long ago.But i dont see any issue in Oct 2010 model. We all have that model only. So u just need to ensure u get a proper model, that hasnt been used. (VIRGIN 😀)

What is the issue if they give a refurbished DVR? They will give it only after checking thoroughly. And anyway there is a 5 year warranty on the product. In 5 years set top box will become outdated and there will be something new. Is there any specific reason you ask for a new DVR and not a used/repaired?

Recently they Swapped (NEW) DVR for me a couple of week ago and now again that has a problem..... So i am insisting for a new that too a brand new

Example: If you get a CAR/GIRL used one and getting 5 years Warranty will u accept? (i am very sorry if its gng to hurt u)

It's all like that our Product should be NEW and New always... We as a Human we always wants best not the Reburished....

----------

But i dont see any issue in Oct 2010 model. We all have that model only. So u just need to ensure u get a proper model, that hasnt been used. (VIRGIN 😀)

Just aksed then, lets see what they are going to do...

please speak for yourself. we are humans and we always want best... it's a generalized statement. you cannot speak for others and that includes me.

Recently they Swapped (NEW) DVR for me a couple of week ago and now again that has a problem..... So i am insisting for a new that too a brand new

Example: If you get a CAR/GIRL used one and getting 5 years Warranty will u accept? (i am very sorry if its gng to hurt u)

It did not hurt me.. 🙂 But there is a huge difference between car/girl and a STB...!!!
You need a new car because of its resale value.
The other one I dont want to comment on as it is an individual choice....!!! These days people do accept everything.
STB is an electronic gadget. Its life itself is very less these days. I wouldnt want a defective one. But I dont care if its refurbished or new as long as it works.

@vvh80I dont want to continue much on this... letz stop here, every human mentality is to get the BEST for the money paid... your thought may be different... but in general most the Human nature wont accept in that way....

Today i received the New Box... But still the problem of stucking is presists..... they couldnt answer my questions... the Area Manager has told me that if i want he will re-imburse my 100% cash back... Any DVR Users having this problem... (this problem is not with Zapper of SD Boxes)You can mainly notice/identify this problem with the News channels were scrolling should be there.... You just change to that channel and see there will be a stuck... in few seconds...

V r surely not facing it. Cant make out from here as to whatsoever urn issue now! 🙁

The Area manager is confirmed that all Tirupathi DVR user are facing the same problem, He promised that as soon as new Version of Boxes cme to the market, he will replace me...(Actuall problem you can identify in this way: Come to Zee Business channel or News Channel were NIFTY or BSE index scrolls at the bottem, once u come to the channel after getting the picture if you watch closely a micro sec stuck will be there within 5 - 8 sec)He told me that some LOT has problems and confirmed from the higher end maybe others fine... check and give ur feedbacks...