Video conferencing

sitardivine

Has anybody tried video conferencing on the available speed? I shall be glad to know if it is possible to transfer non-jerky video and audio in realtime at this speed. If yes, then please let me know the software/s [Netmeeting?] that can make it acceptably good. Thank you for your support. :: sb

I dont have BSNL dude .. but i think the biggest problem with dataone after the download limit is the upload speed - a measly 64 Kbps.While you will be able to receive non-stuttering video with good sound at 256 kbps , the low upload speed will not allow u to send the same from your computer to your video-conferencing partner.Msn messenger requires atleast 160 Kbps Upload as well as download for stutter-free (big video size) videoconferencing. MTNL is much better in this respect. In all their plans, the minimum upload speed is 256 Kbps.

I guess u have to subscribe to the costlier plans (Home 1800 or something) to get a good upload speed. Asynchronous technologies have much lower upload speed than the download speed. That makes bandwidth consuming two way communications like VoIP and video conferencing quite difficult. On the good side, the upload does not reduce the download speed as they use different channels.

U can use lower resolutions and sound codecs and atleast try once. Remember, people even use webcam on yahoo messenger with a dial-up line! If you compare it with dataone, it should be better in the case of dataone. Just give it a try. Video-conferencing in india can't be expected to go smooth as we don't have a T1 line like the americans !!