VI improve lot on 4G network compare to Vodafone-Idea (Kolkata circle)

• Thread starter Thread starter Netmagic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,624
ISP
JioFiber
Recently I got a VI sim because Jio network impossible to use right now. After activation of the sim, its take around 1 hour to latched with 4G network.

Indoor coverage improves lot which is unimaginable. Because I last test old Vodafone sim on Feb 2020, no 4G signal in Indoor.

In my, location Vi use 2100 Mhz (3G spectrum reframed), 1800 Mhz and 2500 Mhz for 4G.

Most of the time Network latched with 2100 Mhz and 2500 Mhz works when I am balcony, outside home and terrace.

Speed is not like spectacular but usable. At early morning I got 20-25 Mbps and pick time 7-8 Mbps (2100/1800 Mhz) and 14 Mbps on 2500 Mhz.

Sat and Sunday speed may be lower because "weekend data rollover".

Nearest BTS of airtel + Vi (the same BTS) still now operational, because airtel working on this site.

Pro and Cons:-

Pro:-
1) Speed is better in terms of Jio 0/Kbps.
2) VI have more spectrum than others.
3) Recent data rollover is better but till 17th Apr 2021.

Cons:-

1) Volte service still not activated and I mail and registered via app. Just multiple time call me which is very annoying.
2) Still they use Flash SMS concept which is outdated but it can disable.

Rich (BB code):

odC2L4t.jpg
Rich (BB code):
mKYSw9A.jpg
Rich (BB code):
mWsROge.jpg
Rich (BB code):
wKCE86j.jpg
Rich (BB code):
rqe5JmT.jpg

Does your phone have carrier aggregation? Vi does have band 1 + band 3 CA in Kolkata which massively improves speeds, as opposed to single band LTE.

Does your phone have carrier aggregation? Vi does have band 1 + band 3 CA in Kolkata which massively improves speeds, as opposed to single band LTE.
Yes, my phone support 3CA with jio. However in my area VI not start CA service, maybe they work on to improve service because data speed increased a lot.

Slightly offtopic but I am frustrated by flash messages and have not find a way to deactivate them except sim toolkit method which does not work

@Kick933

Turn Off Flash Message Popups in Vodafone Idea​

For Vodafone Users:

1. Open the SIM Toolkit app on your phone.
  2. Select FLASH!.
  3. Click on Activation.
  4. Now, tap Deactivate and press OK.
Alternatively, you can deactivate flash messages by sending SMS CAN FLASH to 199 (Postpaid) or CAN FLASH to 144 (Prepaid).

For Idea Users:

1. Open the Idea Power app on your phone.
  2. Select Idea Flash.
  3. Click on Activation.
  4. Tap Deactivate and press OK.
Alternatively, you can SMS NO INFO to 1925, or you can dial *121*46# to stop flash messages on your Idea number.