Vi has a habit of always switching from 4g to H+ to H to E and so on - All the time! - OOOKLA APPROVED

• Thread starter Thread starter itachi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 14,482

itachi

I got banned!
ISP
BSNL
VI
JIO
It is terrible.

I regret taking Vi.

Even in the middle of the city, it stays on H+ instead of 4g volte.

Funny thing, I had to call Vi to activate volte.

Also, after numerous complaints...

I got a response from Vi saying

"Maximum optimization done in your area sir"

The worst is their "OOOOOOKKKKKALALALA" whenever i call 198.

Fkng OOOOKALA dumb shit.

Last edited:
I wonder if Ookla can be banned under anti-national activities..😈

Nothing goes in trying, but try raising a complaint on PGportal. Still not resolved, time to port out.

how would that work? remote areas don't have good 4G. and older 4G phones don't support VoLTE (so without fallback to 2G, calls won't work).

Depending on phone, you can force 4G. With certain Android phones you can dial ##4636## and force 4G there.
But Forcing 4g on airtel makes it harder to receive incoming calls

@fiber666

17th of January 2021, I moved from Jio to Vi. Jio is horrible in my area, basic call not working properly. Many times my phone on but another person who call me he/she said: "Your phone is unreachable".
However, VI provide excellent speed and yesterday I notice 4G to 2G network shifting now off and speed also improved a lot.

You can try to mail Vodafone customer care, app and Twitter are useless.

By the way, mobile network service is very unpredictable, today I get better service may or maybe not I will get worst service from an upcoming month.

customercare@vodafoneidea.com (vi customer care)

@sudipta chatterjee No use although they respond very rapidly while airtel don't even bother to do that. I have tried all these options as there was no 4g signal within my house. I even tried visting vi store and raised a complaint there . They respond very quickly within next day i got call and all . But their response was always the same as Maximum optimization being done in my area, while all they have to do was enable lte900 along with ca as they done in other locations . So i think until they plan to do site upgradation we wont be getting any better results no matter wherever we complain. I guess they have timeline for the location wise upgradation and all.

how would that work? remote areas don't have good 4G. and older 4G phones don't support VoLTE (so without fallback to 2G, calls won't work).

Depending on phone, you can force 4G. With certain Android phones you can dial ##4636## and force 4G there.

You can't force 4g for Vi. Only data would work. Calls won't.

This is a feature of Vi.