• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 13,055

havoc

I got banned!
ISP
Excitel, Vi, Airtel, Jio & BSNL 😉

Source

Vi is the best ❤️. Now we don't need sim replacement or have to go to store. We can convert our number to postpaid/prepaid with single click of a button and it will automatically be done between 10 PM - 12 AM same day if done before 6 PM. Best service from Vi. Now I can again try out postpaid without any hastle.

but does it work for converting postpaid to prepaid?

Yes, Under their T&C's it is mentioned that it won't work until 90 days (due to porting rule from TRAI). After it you can switch it.

Q - Can I convert postpaid to prepaid?

A - After raising this request, you will be unable to convert back to Prepaid service within 90 days.

As they said within 90 days. Probably it can be done. I have asked their CC let's see what they say.

Vi is notorious for not letting go of their postpaid customers.
Vi prepaid is also the only one that permits both data rollover and secondary balance rollover and has standalone data packs without any need for "base" pack. Why would anyone want to convert to postpaid.

Yes, Vi is great in terms of all this. In need of emergency data one can easily recharge with standalone plan. Postpaid is for those who want priority & many people use it's 699₹ plan as a broadband replacement.

A - After raising this request, you will be unable to convert back to Prepaid service within 90 days.

It's great if they are allowing this. Airtel will let you very easily convert from prepaid -> postpaid but you have to visit their office if you want to go back. 😞

@Lolita_Magnum
Yes. I have 2 Vi no. 1st one is inside a router at home and used only for data - used to recharge 418 every 56 days for 100 GB data with rollover benefits for my daughter's online school, now that schools have reopened, just recharge with 118 every 28 days for 12 GB data, plus rolled on old data. 2nd one is my secondary SIM. Recharged once with 418 to get 100 GB data and then recharge with 99 only every 28 days. The unused data and unused secondary balance keeps rolling over, and is available for use in case of any emergency or at locations where other networks are poor.

Last edited:
rJRqgUU.webp

But what if you are not using the above service and are simply an old postpaid user and want to switch to prepaid? Then, either visit their store or request a port code and fight with their retention time where they will probably agree to put you on prepaid.

is this thing currently valid...they are asking for delivery details...does it mean that new sim will be delivered.....old sim wont work...??

Prepaid to postpaid now requires something they call "for security". In this case you can't port to prepaid from postpaid without visiting the store and having valid documents.

yes just now confirmed from customer care....it will be porting process where a new sim will be delivered and you need to generate porting code....so no more conversion without changing the sim from prepaid to postpaid