Very weird problem...regarding the triband 198 AVRS...!

ISP
mtnl triband
Hi friends...As the title reads...my basic probs is with the triband AVRS...however, plz allow me to elaborate on why i needed the '198' at the first place...plz have patience and hear me out...thanx in advance 🙂I've mtnl triband 1 mbps umlimited 999/- plan. I stay at BARC complex, anushaktinagar, mumbai (mankhurd xchange). The line stats I get usually is this:Mode: G.DMT Type: Fast Downstream UpstreamSNR Margin (dB): 17.2 13.0 Attenuation (dB): 42.0 31.5 Output Power (dBm): -0.1 8.9 Attainable Rate (Kbps): 7072 1052 Rate (Kbps): 2048 256 Super Frames: 331402 331297 Super Frame Errors: 122 3 Since about this time of the last year, I began experiencing frequent disconnexions...my line stats were pretty bad (SNR hovering around 6.0). Also a lotta audible noise on the landline made calls difficult. After the monsoon this year, and after a LOT of fone calls etc, they finally changed the line and the noise vanished.This, however, started another probs (why am i not surprised!). The DSL LED on the modem simply refused to glow though the line was perfectly alright. Again after a LOT of fone calls to my xchange (yeah i've got a new diary almost full with fone nos of various mtnl guys...!) and shuttling from one dept to another, the DSL glowed, and the 'Internet' LED decided to play and remained dark :frown:The WAN page said it was 'Authentication failure'...finally it OKed on its own (I really dont know how). Since then, till today, this DSL light plays trick daily at random times and goes to sleep (with my landline healthy like ROCK) for anything between 2hrs to half a day. Now the complaint part...I dial 25482198 (my xchange is 2548), they ask to dial the 'faulty no', next they ask to dial '1' in case line is dead and '2' for other complaints. As i choose '2', it asks for my contact no and registers the docket (no question abt triband huh... :O). The funny part is, the next day sum guys calls and asks abt the telefone line. whn i say its abt triband, they ask to repeat the complaint for triband as it went for the landline section. How can i lodge the complaint for triband if they dont give me the option...??So, I've 2 probs precisely... (1) the DSL down symptom with line being perfectly healthy on a daily basis and (2) i cant complain for triband...!I'm so sorry for this looong post...but thought the details would help those geeks out there to find any solution...anything at all...all help would be vastly appreciated...thanks in advance 🙂...cheers to all.

Your line statsSNR Margin (dB): 17.2 13.0 is quite low &Attenuation (dB): 42.0 31.5 v highI suggest you call 1504 & also write to the DGM & GM broadband about this problem. Its most probably a line problem. Also remember that when ever we complain they first send the linesman 🙁 to check the line as they feel in most cases its a line problem.

Your line stats
SNR Margin (dB): 17.2 13.0 is quite low &
Attenuation (dB): 42.0 31.5 v high

I suggest you call 1504 & also write to the DGM & GM broadband about this problem. Its most probably a line problem. Also remember that when ever we complain they first send the linesman 🙁 to check the line as they feel in most cases its a line problem.

Thanx for the early reply buddy... :thumb:
I actually happen to know this linesman (coz I had numerous occurences when I had to bribe him 😛)...but he says as long as the fone line is OK and no probs with fone calls, its outside his 'jurisdiction'... 🙂
Regarding 1504...u honestly think I dint try tht...all they say is as the DSL is not glowing, so its a line probs and not a 'triband' one, hence "198 pe call karo aap...line mein gadbad hoga"...I was like "but they said to register complaint at 1504"...the response "arre baba DSL nehi jalta hai to hum kuchh nehi kar sakte, DSL jalega to hi hum dekhte hai..." 🙁
Now lemme follow ur 3rd instruction, writing to GM/DGM...do u've any xperinece on whether they write back or not...?

They most probably wont reply but they do put someone on the job. Also mention all your travails you have had so far, its good to give them the feedback as there is a 'caste' system between the old guard 'line wallahs' & the new kid on the block they themselves refer to as the server wallahs 😀 (not my definitions but MTNL staff creations)

Call your line man, its your line problem nothing else, tell local line man to lay down new cable or you can buy some good cat5e Ethernet cable....