*VERY URGENT*Does this mean my bill is in lakhs!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter qwarentine
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5,923

qwarentine

ISP
sify
Hi, I am using BSNL home 500 Plan. The download limit is 2.5GB. My data usage in BSNL is shown as 577009 KB under column "Chargable Units (KB)Excluding Night Unlimited".BSNL portal says 577009 KB under column "Chargable Units (KB) Excluding Night Unlimited" It says KB *Kilo Bytes* and not Kilo Bits.And 1 GB = 1000 KB so 577009 KB = 577.09 GB !!!!! I am totally confused, i can never use so much data .... !!!!guys please clarify. Is there something wrong with my calculation !!!

@member/qwarentine/
I will wait for other user/s to reply to you,
as you have not cared to download program/ DQUF
and application, http://www.egret.net/kb__mb.htm
to cross check your assumptions, I suggested elsewhere.
I dislike "spoon feeding ".

REF:https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/22290-bsnl-broadband-billing-problems/#post184528 Page 7 post 69.

nd 1 GB = 1000 KB so 577009 KB = 577.09 GB !!!!!

what hapened to Megabyts.............:huh:

577009 KB=577.09 Mb and 0.5 gb mosltly.............😗

haha

the max data transfer form home 500 plan is 200 gb around

/members/kanishka/@member/qwarentine/ is not agreeing ! and sticks to his assumptions.!Free D/L for Home 500 is 2.5 GB plus Night usage free 0200-0800 unlimited.

Kanishka, you saved my day ..... i almost forgot 1000MB is 1 GB. That means my usage is 0.5 GB Thanks for the clarification ..@ESSBEBE: You really scared the hell out of me. Let me first tell you i cant download any softwares which are not authenticated by BSNL. What if they steal my user id / pwd. My security is paramount and i can compromise with it.And i agree i should have used the KB to MB converter you gave me, Sorry for that

good for you mate. and also sad if you cannot trust open source software. 🙂trusting BSNL is the last thing you can do in today's times.

Essbebe, Its not about assumptions. This is my first month of bsnl broadband and its natural to misconstrue some finer details. I am new and still learning .. Hope you understand and respect that....

/members/kanishka/
@member/qwarentine/ is not agreeing ! and sticks to his assumptions.!
Free D/L for Home 500 is 2.5 GB plus Night usage free 0200-0800 unlimited.

what is me doing on your firefox toolbar

Datafox icon ? probably connection was Airtel .

@Sushubhhe is fan of u!@essbebehe means IBF Sushubh bookmark.