• Thread starter Thread starter angad.2050
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 4,486

angad.2050

ISP
BSNL Broadband
I recently changed from Home Plan UL750 to Home Plan 500

Problem is I am having very slow speeds almost 35KBps (I am on OpenDNS)

Speed test

https://www.speedtest.net

ADSL Stats

Mode: G.DMT
Type: Fast Line
Coding: Trellis On
Link Power State: L0
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 30.3 23.0
Attenuation (dB): 13.0 5.5
Output Power (dBm): 12.5 -1.9
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 11296 1144
Rate (Kbps): 2048 512 K (number of bytes in DMT frame): 65 17 R (number of check bytes in RS code word): 0 0 S (RS code word size in DMT frame): 1 1 D (interleaver depth): 1 1 Delay (msec): 0 0

Please confirm with BSNL if they have switched the plan and removed the speed cap of 256 kbps.

User angad.2050Run the speedtest on dataone.in website as well. What figures do you get from that site? Please share with us.

Dataone Bandwith Test

Your Current Bandwidth Reading: 186.30kbps
(Download Rate at 23.29 KB/sec)

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6691/adslhf5.jpg

Try to use some bandwidth measuring software insted of finding speed through website:cool2:

Hmmm, it shouldn't be so slow. Your SNR and Attenuation figures are far better than mine, and I get 1600 kilobits/second.

You are using splitter? You haven't changed MTU settings or run any 'optimizer' programs?

Try swiching between PPPoE mode or Bridge mode to see if there's some change in speed.

Book complaint with BSNL. Anything less than 256 kb/seconds on their dataone.in speedtest, and they have to help. You should get ten times the current speed if not more.

When issue gets resolved please come back and post here to indicate what was the problem.

Try to use some bandwidth measuring software insted of finding speed through website:cool2:

In any case he shouldn't be getting 186.30kbps on dataone.in speedtest. Software like Tautology Bandwidth meter won't give any better idea when throughput is so severely restricted. That is lower than the UL plans. Unacceptable.

Something is wrong somewhere.

User angad.2050

You can book complaint online. So you do not have to waste fuel and time to chat with friendly BSNL staff. Fill the fields correctly, and the last box has character restriction so only a short sentence goes there.

It can take BSNL some time to respond (sarkari) but they will do so within a week if not sooner.

The above public greivance portal will not submit with Firefox 3.0.4, so use Windows Explorer or get some IE-extension for Firefox.

Good. Keep track of complaint Registration code and theoretically speaking you can check status online too.

Although to be honest "Check Status" tool hasn't worked for me. If BSNL does not respond within 5 days file another one! :evil:

wish u all the best with it ...just wanted to ask .. can i pay bsnl bill online? where can i see my plan details etc online??

@idea
To pay bills Online:
BSNL Portal || Value Added Services -- Login Page :thumb:

Thanks

To view BSNL Broadband Plans:
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. :thumbsup:

Ya there is no pune option..

Does that mean i cant see bill online .... ????

need to register with icici for bill pay now ....