Very Slow Speed From 2 A.m To 8 A.m

• Thread starter Thread starter ayan4u
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 9,729

ayan4u

here in kolkata I am facing seriously slow speed during free unlimited hours ( 2 a.m to 8 a.m). My connection is of home 500 type. During this period my connection speed is hardly 100-150 kbps....Dunno if this is common for all others in kolkata and elsewhere....BSNL guys must have been playn tricks with us....

what r u downloading n from where?

re not only for D/L from ne specific site....say about browsin,torrents,DAP...n every respect m xperiencin terrible low speeds durin 2 a.m to 8 a.m.............rest f the time its fine.....dunno its happening in kolkata only r its same elsewhere....

QUOTE(ayan @ Mar 5 2007, 08:56 PM) [snapback]82221[/snapback]
re not only for D/L from ne specific site....say about browsin,torrents,DAP...n every respect m xperiencin terrible low speeds durin 2 a.m to 8 a.m.............rest f the time its fine.....dunno its happening in kolkata only r its same elsewhere....[/b]

yes u r right....I’m also facing same king of problem from 2-8. I am a home 500 user. What is urs? I also noticed the latency in that period becomes too high also , it is almost 2500+ ms from Yahoo.co.in then.

@'nightwolf2k5' how much upload speed u get.its pathetic for me.only 6.5 kB/s average for torrents.

^i get a sad 5.2 avg upload in torrents.. why do u ask?@ayan.. whats the speed u get when u download something off download.com using a download accelerator?

QUOTE(nightwolf2k5 @ Mar 6 2007, 07:32 AM) [snapback]82268[/snapback]
^i get a sad 5.2 avg upload in torrents.. why do u ask?

@ayan.. whats the speed u get when u download something off download.com using a download accelerator?[/b]

merely 10-15 kBps.....neways me too home 500 user... m really pissed ff by ths unnatural behaviour f BSNL....

Wen u get lesss speed anytime....just disconnect ur connection and connect it again...ur IP will change as well as the server IP.If that server has less traffic then surely u will get gr8 speed...Speed also depends on the traffic...So if the server IP has less users in it, it willl surely gv gr8 speed...

hey guys. i m switching to dataone home500 soon. Just want to know, what speed do u guys generally get during NU hrs. 2 to 8am on link-removed Free Account?

Yup! Am from kolkata too and facing same problem...using IDM (d/l accelerator) and d/l speed fluctuates between 10-20 kB/s only..where as just prior to that (btwn 12-2) I get d/l speeds of 130-150 kB/s (sometimes even more) smoothly....maybe BSNL are monitoring speed btwn 2-8 A.M. or maybe the server is lagging with the extra load...Watevr the reason it's getting pretty frustrating!!! :angry:

im on limited 1000 plan.. and get 230 kb/sec on that time in flashget .....you need to understand some links could be slow even if you have faster connection. esp torrent its slow for me also.its the problem of the torrent and its speed then anything. try downloading from link-removed you get the correct measure of speed.

QUOTE(Fasternet @ Mar 11 2007, 05:41 PM) [snapback]83004[/snapback]
im on limited 1000 plan.. and get 230 kb/sec on that time in flashget .....you need to understand some links could be slow even if you have faster connection. esp torrent its slow for me also.its the problem of the torrent and its speed then anything. try downloading from link-removed you get the correct measure of speed.[/b]

wateva we use the consequence is same........................i ddnt put up ths board without chckn....

I am from Kolkata...during night unlimited i get 150kb/sec(torrent,flashget)...nice speed..upload speed almost 26kb/sec....Fasternet how you get 250kb/sec download speed on 900up plan?bsnl does not provide 2mbps on 900up plan.

thngs improved for a day nd 2....but again all the same...BSNL s sukkn nowadays..really durin free hours...