very less speed on my new plan BBG COMBO 1425 till 30GB (screenshot speed test)

• Thread starter Thread starter shekhar918
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,168
ISP
bsnl
I should be getting speed of around 4 mbps
but this is what I am getting-

PING 154MS
DOWNLOAD SPEED 0.49 MBPS
UPLOAD 0.40 MBPS

I got my previous connection disconnected, then got re-connection (I paid one time charges again + security fee)
and this month I didn't download anything, not even from my previous connection ( BBG COMBO 630 )
so literally I have 0 mb download of this month Sep. so not crossed FUP.

I don't want to go to bsnl exchange, that is miserable place. and I did complain on 1504.

speed%20test.jpg

Line stats. Take a screen shot and upload to imgur.com

ADSL Status
ADSL status shows the ADSL physical layer status.
ADSL Firmware Version: E.37.5.3
Line State:
greenled.gif
Showtime/Data
Modulation: -
Local/Remote Tx Power: 1.21 dB / 2.5 dB

ItemDownstreamUpstreamUnit
SNR Margin37.5db24.5dbdB
Line Attenuation30.0db14.5dbdB
Loss of Signal00
CRC Errors00
Data Rate1903 Kbps509 Kbpskbps
LatencyInterleavedInterleaved

As expected data rate is 1903kbps. Complain using the link in my signature and state that since you're on a 4mbps plan, your data rate should be 4096kbps.

I get through a phone no. of a gentleman who works in bsnl and handles broadband, I called him and he changed my datat rate with in seconds, my data rate of ADSL / modem shows 4085 but speedtest.net result is 3.4 mbps and speed shown on Internet Download Manager is 450 kbps. It should atleast touch 500kbps if not 512 kbps 🙁
and I checked my IP address is now changed, not what was before and it changed 3 times today.

You would need a data rate of around 6mbps to get speeds close to 4mbps on bsnl considering their network quality. I get 2.8-3.2 on my 4mbps connection. I had the line speed of around 8mbps for a year and a half but the network quality was so bad during day time that I got it reduced back to 4mbps to get relatively stable 3.2mbps. BSNL dickheads do not understand the concept of network overheads and ask me what needs 4mbps and does not work on 3.2mbps. Fucking retards.

my latency is 78 ms, which is below average, not average, forget good.
me too getting 3.2 mbps. ( 450kbps )
my friend have 4mbps on airtel and he gets 570 kbps downloading.

last week I was so pissed off on BSNL that in fit of rage I clicked the closure request on bsnl selfcare portal and my connection got disconnected and I have to pay them twice to get reconnected ( one time charges + security )
only reason to choose bsnl again instead of airtel was because I got to know I can get 10% discount ( government employees scheme )

You pay a premium on Airtel. Stop looking at speeds and look at the cost of per GB of data. If you want speeds, get Airtel because they are the only DSL player around who deliver more than advertised speeds till FUP is reached. Reliance gives me 3.4mbps on 4mbps plan and as per Reliance guys, it's awesome! I don't mind because there are no download limits and the cost is cheaper than having dinner at a mid-range restaurant.

@above, obviously bsnl employees are govt. employees, I meant bsnl gives 10% disc to other govt. department as well. eg. my case Govt. Bank service.

I would like to ask a general question, these days I checking my net speed on speedtest.net by ookla a lot, I notice every time I reboot modem, and perform speedtest, my IP address is changed.
my question is whether ip address changes everytime or ip address is unique for every user/connection?