• Thread starter Thread starter real_india
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1,431

real_india

Regular
ISP
Airtel
My heart almost sank when i realized that i was getting 1 Mbps at Home in Noida....curse of the Fair Usage Policy. Not a very pleasant holiday gift from Airtel. Called up CC, Sir you will get 256 Kbps after 8 GB :iomg: Spoke with the 'Floor Supervisor' & this is what he had to say..After checking with our 'Back end Team' i can confirm you will get 1 Mbps till 8 GB & after that you will get 512 Kbps. Post that there is another Fair Usage Policy limit. If you cross 100 GB, then you will get 256 kbps! This is because your older plan was Swift 1099 combo which had base speed of 512 kbps. We are increasing the speed for all our older customers.

The most important question is, will i get the double speeds at Night after 1 cross the 8 GB limit, which i got on the older plan. I did not ask this question to the CC 'Floor Supervisor' coz i was sure he would not be knowing the answer 😗 Although in principle i don't support the Fair Usage Policy, if applied, the limits have to be practical! Something like 100 GB was good enough for most of the users.

Time to start downloading & test the 8 GB cap 😡