V V V Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashantrana

My friend is in trouble, he got the reliance fwp connection with the r connect freedom plan (i.e. for rs 650 download limit of 1 gb) He got the connection on 28 may 2005. he got a call from reliance on 5th june 2005 saying his bill is 15,327 and his connection got disconnected. Now the problem is, he says he did not surf/download more than 800mb but the bill says he

used(mb) 3012
(less) monthly allowance 264
total chargaeble 2748 in Rs 13,740 (2748 * 5)

now what should he do

View his bill

Notpay the bill.....as simple as that 🙂

Whoa!! Damn!! i was gonna take that connection until i was informed that they couldnt provide in my area!! Sheesh!!As for suggestions, i havnt got any.....frankly i wouldt know what to do if this had happenned to me!!

The best way out is not paying the bill. Reliance people have the impression of getting fooled easily (rememebr the unpaid long bills of RIM)

I would suggest that he consult a lawyer on this one - the discrepancy is so huge. Not quite sure how you go about it - I guess find lawyer involved with consumer protection - there might even be osme NGO that might be able to help.

Wait and watch...if they send some agents try fooling them around ....this should solve the matter

Well, consulting a lawyer will drain off some unnecessary bucks !Just don't pay the bill and let them take away the set and connection.Go for a decent service like Airtel/DataOne. 😀

actually u do not even need a lawyer. u can go to the court yourself. just have to get the paper work done which any typist at the courts can do.

I'd like to chime in. A family member took a reliance pre-paid phone in feb 2003 or so. The person found out that they could make std calls all over India. So they did. Reliance said that std and isd is barred so the person though this was intentional from reliance's part that std was allowed.3 months later, reliance sent a bill for some 6000 Rs. 5000 odd of that was std calls. After the family member refused to pay the bill, service became sporadic. I think 1 year after that, the family member surrendered the phone and paid some or all of the dues(I'm not really sure of this) and ended all the misery that came with the reliance landline.Either way, if data transfer was not free under that reliance plan, he should have monitored his usage.Let me add my case too, sometime in oct or nov or 2002, the 2nd landline in my house that I used for internet came with a bill for 15000 odd Rs. Since I was used to heavy internet usage, the figure was correct. Before this bill, my father was very reluctant about cable internet(the only thing available in my area), but after that bill, the very next month I got a cable internet connection. 🙂My father eventually closed this landline and cleared the bill by feb or march 03.If I was really nuts about surfing the net and had no cable or dsl internet availability, I would get a hutch number, activate gprs. With my uncle's phone, I got a steady 43kbps and good ping. The only thing I'm not sure of is the amount of data transfer allowed. I think the max is 500MB/month, there might be unlimited plans too but I'm not sure.As for your question, does he have any proof that he did not surf more than 800MB? I have a d/l meter that tracks the amount of data transfer per day. If you are going to consumer court, you need to have something to support your statements and prove reliance was wrong.Pretty much, customers of all isp's except bsnl and exatt have dreamed/contemplated dragging their isp's to court for the service they provide/used to provide.

the best thing to tackle this issue is "DON'T" pay the bill...and reliance will come up with an offer soon...like pay 25% and get rest of the amount waived off...it happened quite some time back as well...my friends running a bill of more than 10K went away with just around 2.5 K payment 😀 :lol:

...Regd. that we all know what happened with RIM ...Every thing was waived off.

Just a note for us "Never go for a volume based plans and give a chance for ISP's to fool you". 😉

U mean all those person using dataone are foolsNAa we dont let them fool us !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.