UTSTARCOM UT300R2U Firmware.anyone?please help

prakash_mvpa

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
Just replaced my Huawei MT 880 modem with UTSTARCOM UT300R2U.now is there any latest firmware available for this router/modem?below is the summary:
Device Info

Board ID: 96338L-2M-8M Software Version: 3.08.02.UB.01.14_1357_100807 Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-10.1 Firmware Version: UT300R2U.0011.01 Hardware Version: UT300R2U 2.2 Model Name: UT300R2U
Is there any updated firmware available for this modem? Thank You 🙂

___

I guess u are already using the latest firmware for this modem. Me too got my MT880 replaced for this modem and my firmware revision is R1.00B02.3AS.BS

^OH! ur here ! 🙂 nice to see u here 🙂 i got an account here as i got sun direct dth 2 days back 😉 :yahoo:so someone?latest firmware release pls?also this router/modem misses pppoe-dialer/virtual server :S!also the web layout seems to mean that the firmware is hacked by bsnl for their choices 😡 pls help!

@essbee: Please upload ur firmware via backup;I hope urs is the original firmware 🙂 with my modem,the bloody bsnl banner is displayed and many options are missing ! 🙁UT300R2U users:do any of you have orginal or latest firmware for UT300R2U modem?please upload the file! 🙁

My UTSTAR 300R2U displays the following stats :Model : UT-300R2UDescription : DSL ModemLocation : Conexant Inc.,100 Schulz Drive, Red Bank,NJ 07701,U.S.AContact : Conexant Inc.,100 Schulz Drive, Red Bank,NJ 07701,U.S.ALogThreshold: 1Object-id : 1.3.6.1.4.1.16972HwVersion : 810100SwVersion : R1.00B02.3AS.BSDSL Version : E.37.5.3System Time : Fri Jan 11 17:49:12 2008Time Zone : GMTDST : OffServices : physical datalink internet end-to-end applicationsUpTime(HH:MM:SS) : 2:2:17Backup Interval : Disable

Beetel 220BXAdsl2+modem .......................... UTSTAR300R2U see screenshot
(mine) ........................................................( from Forum)
Board ID: 96338L-2M-8M ...............................96338L-2M-8M
Software Version ID: V8.4.01.01 .................,,,3.08BSNL0201 02 tr64
Firmware Version: 3.00L.03.A2pB017l.d15h ...... 300R2U 2.2
nBootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-0.7................1.0.37-B7

For UTSTAR for enlarged picture remove tn_
http://www.bagthatpic.com/image1.php?d=70&file=qbH23915.jpg

http://www.beetelmodems.com/220bx.html
1791KB T28-0g-003.zip

READ EULA !!!!

@essbebe:I think my ustarcom modem is newer!see the version!
^the Huawei mt880 modem which i had earlier showed only 39.0DB as line attenuation,now with UTSTARCOM modem,the line attenuation shown is 47DB! :shock: too much!although the speed remains the same!

also can i use beetel firmware on ut300r2u? :S

UTStar dont support individual subscribers. I had contacted them some time back for updated firmware for my UTStar modem, but they had replied that they support only ISPs.

Did you try 192.168.1.1/main.html to access Advanced options/Diagnostics etc ?

also can i use beetel firmware on ut300r2u?
I cannot advise you to do Firmware update from a different model ( in this case Beetel220BX) as I have not attempted it myself.
There are other complications like bin xdsl extensions.
I said read "EULA" .You do things at your OWN risk !
People posting in IBF give it in good faith, and later you blame me or others for total failure/loss of internet connection etc , It HURTS.
Best thing is to shout at the "poor" BSNL staff and get the modem replaced !!!!
or ask them to check the line. They have the instruments.
Your Attenuation is high and this also affects d/l speed.
Recommended SNR >10 Attenuation the least the better your d/l speed.
As there are many variables, ( recently I told someone to try TCPIP optimiser from speedguide and he has reported that because he used it his Internet connection is lost !).Distance from Exchange also affects.
Also the OS used it seems as per BSNL . what is yours ?
Para two : UTSTAR/SmartAx modems no firmware available. in the manufacturer's web sites.

@cool_techie_tvm
I saw your post in Forum Huawei a year back. To be exact on jan 25th 2007 !

lol @essbebe

@Prakash Looking at the screenie posted, it is certain that your modem is on Broadcom BCM 96338 chipset. I have successfully flashed many 96338 chipset modems with D-Link firmware. Maybe u too could do the same. Lemme know if u need the D-Link firmware i can upload it. But i have to warn u, if the process is messed up, then u may render your modem useless. Also the firmware posted by essbebe will work on your modem.

Here is the D-Link firmware D-Link 2320B Firmware.rar

@cooltech:OH!if somehow I screwed up the firmware of the modem by flashing with D-Link one,can I restrore the old firmware if i made a backup of original firmware?also the line attenuation now shown in utstarcom modem is horrible.i am approx 3kms away from exchange!I am getting speeds 225KBps as of now esp in night.My old MT 880 modem showed 39 as line attenuation;but this uststar is showing wrong information i suppose.as the ofc reaches very near to my PC!.also ppl got dataone connxn as long as 5kms from exchange without any loss!

I dont undertand by u saying that u screwed up the modem. If u can properly view the modem status page, it should be working fine. Regarding utstar showing improper readings, u are correct. My mt880 used to show 45db SNR, now on utstar 300r2u its 32db. After upgrading the modem with D-Link firmware, the snr increase to 36db.