Utstarcom Bridge Mode Configuration And Automatic Router Reboot

• Thread starter Thread starter cyberwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 45,407
ok refer to the earlier method for connection using the batch file.Now instead of using the simple RAS dial command..create a new text file and post the foll. lines of code into it.@ECHO OFF:loopEcho Trying to Dial your connection.........rasdial DSLname username passwordif NOT %ERRORLEVEL% ==0 goto failedExit:failedclsEcho Failed to connect....will retrygoto loopwhere u just have to replace dslname with the exact name of ur connection and add the username and password after it. Save it as bat extension then Schedule this bat file to run thru windows scheduler.THis code will make rasdial dial the connection till it gets a successful connection.

Thanks a ton, man. You've been of great help. Did you write that program yourself?

Dear CyberwizIs bridge mode possible at mumbai also. I have tried your solution exactly the way you have described yet I get error 678 in the xp broadband dialer connection.Pl adviseIf it is possible in mumbai, then i will give you all the screenshots how i am creating the connections in the modem (D-Link glb-502t) and in windows xp.

bridge mode can be implemented anywhere coz its a function of the router. U can post screenshots of the changes that u have made to the settings and i will try & find where u r goin wrong.

You are getting the same error that I used to get. Use the above piece of code to create a program for you that will keep dialing your connection until you're connected. Then you can schedule that .bat file to run at any time by using windows scheduler etc.

Well , here I am to configure automated reboot on my router but things aint working out as mentioned in the tutorial ... I've been :wall: since past 4 days to be precise 😡 .... plzzz help me now ....! I want this priced box to reboot .... first I followed the D-Link tutorial like a dumb neitizen and found out later there is even alternative UT Starcom reboot script in Pppoe mode . Ok now prob is I have implemented the script mentioned in this thread and scheduled the router as asked ....but the damn thing gets stuck on " Login : " prompt ...here is the SS of it ....Darn !! How to insert da image now ... 😗.... Any ways I 'll paste issue here ... I hope ppl get it ..------------------------------------------------------------------------ ******************* Welcome to Vulcan *******************Conexant Inc., Software Release R100B02.7AS.MCopyright (c) 2001-2003 by Conexant, Inc.login: -------------------------------------------------------------------------Thats it ppl .... Now , even I can manually reboot it ritewww !! But wht abt the automated rebooot .... 😡 Not really Angry but jst ...rescue me for gods sake somebody . Will appreciate much needed help . Peace Out !! Live Green !! THnk U !Is there an alternate script ??? .... I should have learn 't scripting and scheduling the shell instead of Networking ... :hysterical:

My modem type is UT300R2U and i have my dataone home 250 configured.

Actually my setup is "Always-On" type so i tried to change to dial-up mode as given in this forum manual but i messed it up.

Now when i type http://192.168.1.1 in my address bar i get "Page Not Found" error in my browser.

Now how should i proceed ? I didnt reset my modem yet since it may restore some factory settings.

Please help.:hysterical:

Well... the last time when I screwed up my modem settings, I did a factory reset and then the modem's web interface started again. And it does not actually change much of the settings. It infact retained my connection settings also (if i am not wrong)...Anyways to do a factory reset, you have to switch off your modem, then press and hold the RESET button for 7 seconds and at the same time switch on the modem.

Which is the correct tutorial to follow if i reset the modem back to factory settings ?I have UT300R2U Modem.I want to make it as "Dial-Up" connection.:hysterical:

Dear Cyberwiz,
I am having some queries related to ADSL . Please dispose them. Thanks in advance.

1.I need a dedicated connectivity since I trade online in shares. I cant tolerate downtime even for 5 minutes. I am cost conscious and so cant go for leased line or other options.
So for dedicated connectivity what tweaks I should do at my end For example running internet in bridge mode , changing DNS servers etc

2.Often my net is up as per router statistics but I log out of Yahoo messenger and other applications , web pages don’t open .When I run diagnostics in router all test pass except DNS. In order to get rid of this problem I have changed my DNS to 4.2.2.1 .

Note : I have uncheck the option in router window assign dns auto , in my router window dns are 4.2.2.1 .Even in lan properties dns 4.2.2.1.
Even after this I face problem :-(....link is up but unable to log in Yahoo Mess

Cyberwiz, tell me if I am logged in yahoo messenger or other applications and my DNS gets down will I log out ? Or I will remain logged in ? I want to know that if I am logged in and YM is running and after that DNS goes down I can chat with yahoo messenger or not. Thus till DNS is up I will be able to use applications and the moment it gets down I wont ?

3.In bridge mode if my adsl link gets down , how can I auto connect once the link is up. Right now whenever the link is down I have to manually disconnect the dial up comnnection ( bridge mode) and then reconnect.

4.I have read abt port forwarding in many post. Tried to understand it but was futile. Cyberwiz as I said I trade in shares so by port forwarding can I make any special settings for my share biz software (application) so that higher bandwidth is dedicated to it ?

5.I have only one pc so bridge mode or ppoe which one I should use ?

6.Last in order to increase the download speed what twaks I should do in my pc ?

Thanks for reading my queries , I hope you will take time to dispose them , once again thanks in advance.

Experts other than cyberwiz can also answer my queries ........

1.I need a dedicated connectivity since I trade online in shares. I cant tolerate downtime even for 5 minutes. I am cost conscious and so cant go for leased line or other options.
So for dedicated connectivity what tweaks I should do at my end For example running internet in bridge mode , changing DNS servers etc

reliability of connection will always depend on MTNL

2.Often my net is up as per router statistics but I log out of Yahoo messenger and other applications , web pages don’t open .When I run diagnostics in router all test pass except DNS. In order to get rid of this problem I have changed my DNS to 4.2.2.1 .

Note : I have uncheck the option in router window assign dns auto , in my router window dns are 4.2.2.1 .Even in lan properties dns 4.2.2.1.
Even after this I face problem :-(....link is up but unable to log in Yahoo Mess

When this prob occurs use nslookup from the command prompt with a different DNS server to ascertain if the prob is with DNS or the gateway is failing u . Dont go by the router notification that link is up...always do tracert/ping with an IP address and not domain name (will eliminate DNS issue and tell where the problem is)

Cyberwiz, tell me if I am logged in yahoo messenger or other applications and my DNS gets down will I log out ? Or I will remain logged in ? I want to know that if I am logged in and YM is running and after that DNS goes down I can chat with yahoo messenger or not. Thus till DNS is up I will be able to use applications and the moment it gets down I wont ?
I think Ymessemger does the DNS lookup only once while loggin on..so even if DNS fails it would be having the IP address of the server so u should not log out..as far as chatting is concerned..the connection to remote party is handled by the Ymessenger server....Here i know for sure that the initiation is done by the messenger server but i am not sure if the chat conversation is also relayed through the server or by direct IP connection as in the case of skype. In either case once the chat conversation has started DNS failure should not affect it.

3.In bridge mode if my adsl link gets down , how can I auto connect once the link is up. Right now whenever the link is down I have to manually disconnect the dial up comnnection ( bridge mode) and then reconnect.

As far as reconnection is concerned windows PPPOE client is less reliable than the PPP daemon running on the router..

4.I have read abt port forwarding in many post. Tried to understand it but was futile. Cyberwiz as I said I trade in shares so by port forwarding can I make any special settings for my share biz software (application) so that higher bandwidth is dedicated to it ?

U are mixing port forwarding with QoS, both are different..but even u want to use qos .its only outgoing qos that u can effectively use incoming QoS is futile

5.I have only one pc so bridge mode or ppoe which one I should use ?

How do i know? thats for u to decide

6.Last in order to increase the download speed what twaks I should do in my pc ?
Google