UTSTAR a major problem for Online games!!!!!!!! Help me...

deepak_heatm

ISP
BSNL
Hello friendsHow many of u wil play the online games such as Counter strike, Unreal tournament , Age of empires etc..........here is the question for those who wil play the online games.Am having the utstar 300r2u(1 Ethernet+1 USB port) and generally i wil play the games such as Counterstrike by joining with some other server created by somebody.A week before, me and my friends planned to play online game by creating server by ourselves. For that i started the server engine in that game. In that server engine, instead of showing my Internet ip... it is displaying my LAN ip. And because of that i cant forward my Internet ip address to my friend for joining the game.And 4 days before one of my friend said that we cant host the server in the UTSTAR router because of the lack of the "virtual server" feature.This is my problem. Because of this we cant able to play games with my friends circle alone. I tried by providing another beetel modem and i hosted the game... It works fine. So anybody know the idea about how to create the server in this utstar router. For that we need to configure our router for hosting the game i think. Today only i changed my "always on" option to "dialer" option.And somebody said about portforwarding... What is the use of the portforwarding? and how to configure portforwarding in our modem?I hope that there is a way for hosting the game using my router.Please tel me how to host the server using this utstar... Am waiting for ur reply my friend.

I am having the same modem and yes my modem features a virtual server option. Maybe u are running on different firmware.

deepak_htm . Congrats.
Do you want others also to enjoy the game ?
How you solved the problem, you can post in brief. Thanks.
Update.
hi friends.. I configured to the bridging mode and now I can host CS.
your posting from another thread.

Hi simply I changed the "always on option" to "dialer mode" by configuring bridging mode. Then I restarted my router and dialed by creating new one..
Then my internet is connected.

Then I created the CS server (hlds.exe) there I can see only my internal ip address ( ie. 192.168.1.2:27015).

I thought that nothing solved.... Then

I went to My IP - What is my IP address? Free IP Tracer, IP Locator, Hide my IP address and saw my external ip 117.197.192.248 or else simply go to ipconfig in run for viewing ur external ip.

Simply I forwarded this external ip address with suffix 27015 to my friends through yahoomsgr

Eg: 117.197.192.248:27015

My friends also searched and added my external ip.. And wat a surprise... we all get connected and now we can able to host all the games using this UT300r2u modem.

I think somebody from u only said that changing to bridging mode wil solve the problem by portforwarding automatically.......

Thanks to alllllllll...:thumbsup: