µTorrent Updates

prathapml

Agent Smith
ISP
Load balanced, 100Mbit fake poop
µTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients. With BitTorrent, you can download files faster and contribute by sharing files and bandwidth.

Features:
- Written from scratch in C++ with efficiency in mind
- Manages multiple simultaneous downloads
- Smart bandwidth usage
- File level priorities
- Global and per-torrent upload/download rate limiting
- Quickly resumes interrupted transfers
- Universal Plug&Play (WinXP only)
- Supports popular protocol extensions
- Low memory footprint and decent speeds
- Attractive Interface: When hunting for mini-BTclients, interface it's usually the first thing that goes out the window for the sake of filesize / processing. This is not the case with µTorrent. All information that one routinely checks is represented (file listing, pieces, tracker details). This BitTorrent client seems to have all the best features of programs like Azureus, BitComet or ABC but is under 100K of size !

No Install Required.

Download - v1.1
Screenshot - click here
Homepage - http://utorrent.com

Hahaha this is nice..... an 82kB download.Wow!!

could not beat opera 😉 opera's bittorrent code is less than 40K but of course, it does not include the UI part which is already existing in Opera. Impressive indeed.

Impressed!

Hi, I am totally new to all this thing.I have recently got the home 699 plans with the 220bx adsl2+modem.I have started using utorrent for downloading and am getting d/l speeds of not more than 10 and ul of not more than 8/9.I read thru lot of stuff on the net , including on this website and forum. I am not too techinically oriented, but am keen to do and understand how to achieve the speeds you guys have been talking of. A movie took over two days to download. I understand there may be a problem elsewhere but that i also need to configure the moder/router with "port forwarding".Can u please give me clear instructions to do this "port forwarding" for this 220 bx.?Also, is it necessary or is there something else I should do?I also have a huwaei modem (smartax mt 880) left over from a previous bsnl connection ( i am in NOIDA). can that be used ? is it bette than the 220bx.Can some one help me please ?Thank You

Port Forwarding ( virtual server)This guide is for the Beetel 220BX ADSL2+ users only :1. Go to start -> run2. Type telnet 192.168.1.1Now a dos like window opens up.Enterlogin : adminpassword : passwordNow a new menu appearsSelect option “NAT”Then select “Virtual Server”Then select “Add”(Enter data as i have mentioned)Service name : br_1_32 (your service name might be different)Protocol : 1External Start port : 20External End port : 81Internal Start Port :20Internal End Port : 81Internal Server IP address : 192.168.1.2Now your ports 20-81 have been transfered to your computers port from 81 to 141Caution !!! please dont forward your port 80 to your computers port 80 coz it will directly lead to your modems login page !!! (Security hazard )Please dont mail me regarding this . i will be adding more posts soon regardin airtel modems If you have a problem leave a comment here and i will answer your queries *** Dont blame me if you screw somthing up , or void your warranty , i am not responsible for anything you do with this information *** (had to put this crap , just in case )copy pasted this from someother website...i'm also keen in knowing abt this subject..will be getting my beetel 220 BX in a few days..😉Btw have u tried AZUREUS as a torrent client..? gives u awesome control & stability.

Hi mytor i am also from Noida and using Airtel. I am staying in Sec 21. You can use
Bsnl's modem also but why do want use that when beetel 200bx is good enough. Port forwarding is very easy.

//Setting up Port Forwarding in Beetel 220BX//

1-> Configure your torrent client to listen to a particular port. In utorrent u can enter this value in Options menu-> preferences->network-> port used for incoming connnection. Any value between 50000-60000 is recommended.

2->- From DOS prompt, type ipconfig. Note the IP address that you get.

3-> Now, go to 192.168.1.1/main.html

4-> Click on Advanced Setup
Then browse for the NAT option. You reach NAT --> Virtual Servers Setup.

5-> This is where we setup port forwarding. Click on "Add"
- In this window, select "Custom Server" & enter the name of the app for which you are setting port forwarding(in this case utorrent).

6-> In "Server IP Address:" Enter the IP address you noted earlier
- Below, enter the port no. you selected in step 1(fill it in "External Port Start" & "External Port End")

7-> In protocol select TCP/UDP (we require both).

8-> Click Save/Apply and the modem will reboot.

9-> To check whether the port has been forwarded properly or not go this site

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
click on proceed and then enter the port you want to check. Then click on User specified custom port.

Originally posted by xxbomb@Mar 16 2006, 12:02 AM
Port Forwarding ( virtual server)

This guide is for the Beetel 220BX ADSL2+ users only :

1. Go to start -> run
2. Type telnet 192.168.1.1

[snapback]44704[/snapback]
[/quote]

xxbomb u don't have to use telnet. You can forward the required ports via the http:// interface i.e. our browser directly 🙂

hi mytor,
when i was using hotwire, had configured port forwarding etc etc on a Netgear mr814v2. compared to that cable/dsl router, the 220bx is, well, quite complicated.

maybe your problem with speeds (~10-12kb dl) is because you've been tagged by airtel for downloading too much. a thread in this forum mentioned their (probable) policy of capping leechers at 10-12kb/s -- that's what's happened to me too (the speed drop.)

are you in delhi? and getting the speed doubling after 11pm? do your torrents ever go past 20-23kb/s? mine don't :-(

Originally posted by xxbomb@Mar 16 2006, 12:02 AM
Port Forwarding ( virtual server)

This guide is for the Beetel 220BX ADSL2+ users only :

1. Go to start -> run
2. Type telnet 192.168.1.1

Now a dos like window opens up.
Enter
login : admin
password : password

Now a new menu appears
Select option “NAT”
Then select “Virtual Server”
Then select “Add”
(Enter data as i have mentioned)
Service name : br_1_32 (your service name might be different)
Protocol : 1
External Start port : 20
External End port : 81
Internal Start Port :20
Internal End Port : 81
Internal Server IP address : 192.168.1.2

Now your ports 20-81 have been transfered to your computers port from 81 to 141
Caution !!! please dont forward your port 80 to your computers port 80 coz it will directly lead to your modems login page !!! (Security hazard )

Please dont mail me regarding this . i will be adding more posts soon regardin airtel modems 

If you have a problem leave a comment here and i will answer your queries 

*** Dont blame me if you screw somthing up , or void your warranty , i am not responsible for anything you do with this information *** (had to put this crap , just in case  )
copy pasted this from someother website...i'm also keen in knowing abt this subject..will be getting my beetel 220 BX in a few days..😉

Btw  have u tried AZUREUS as a torrent client..? gives u awesome control & stability.
[snapback]44704[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thank You all of you for your prompt replies.As I said, I am not too technically oriented, however, I will certainly try the advise given by u all.I am in Noida Sector 25.------------Can someone please confirm the following?1. Is port forwarding for utorrent going to help increase the speed?2. Does it also effect the browsing / surfing speed?3. I chose utorrent as this had the smallest footprint as advertised. But if i can get faster speeds thru some other client, I can try that.4. How can I find out which version of the firmware is on the 220. Is it necessary to upgrade the firmware? IF yes, can u guide me please.5. Any other recommended tweaking to get the best out of Airtel?Thanks once againMytor