UT Starcom UT-300R External Ethernet ADSL Modem

• Thread starter Thread starter quadramble
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 14,537

quadramble

Until now, this modem was connected to my PC's ethernet card. Will i be able to connect this modem to my network directly through a switch/hub?

yes u can connect that to your HUB or SWITCH ..................how many pcs r u going to connect ??what type of switch u will use ??

I got 2 PCs at home. The third port would be used by the modem. Which switch shall i buy? I am looking for a cost-effective solution.

Does this UTStarcom modem also have DHCP/DNS/Autodialling/Firewall/NAT features like the other modem Huawei SmartAX MT800 that BSNL offers?

Yes ... check the UTSTAR's WEBSITE FOR DETAIL .......

BSNL provided UTstar modem in Calcutta. All these features are available in this modem.

I used a wifi equipment and also connected a comp to the same router and was able to "dial" into the ADSL at the same time. Speed was good in both comps. I think even the Hub and Switch will support the same.

This sharing mechanism is very good for cybercafe setups.The speed is very good in all the PCs and distributed well.I would recommend a D-Link 502T ADSL Router and Compex PS2208B 8port n-way switch with flow control.The D-link costs 2500/- and Compex about 1100/-I don't recommend Wi-Fi for its security issues and f**king speed and costs !U are at liberty to choose ur own but hard earned experience is always best.

I am using the Wifi and its working fine and till now no security threats. Touch Wood.I checked the switch they have in my office which is 8 port is of D-Link. Its got 8 ports but no uplink / internet port which was the 9th port in my Hub of Frontech which I scrapped.How do I connect multiple comps on the ADSL of BSNL so that each one can use it without having to spend the cost of 2500 for the ADSL Router as mentioned by you.

I think i have already mentioned the office setup in one of my other posts for you. As for the missing uplink port, you can connect the ADSL modem/router to any port of the switch using a cross-cable.

Exactly this is what I planned to do after reading your earlier post where u gave the settings. I wanted to cross check from the Ports point of view and so the repeat query on the same topic.Thanks.Bharat Agarwalla

look at the footer look at the footer look at the footer look at the footer | | v