Using wireless router as an access point?

Those, again are your line stats, not wifi ones.

The green box specifies the rate you are synced at currently ie 2 mbps downlink and 512kbps uplink.
Given your snr values, you can expect to get a max of 3 mbps on your line, but then modem stats are often very wrong.

Is the exchange far off from your place ?

I get only about 512 Kbps (Which is an error anyways). Does the stat mean according to the plan I should be getting 2 Mbps or does that mean if I upgrade my plan later the line is capable of delivering speeds upto 2 Mbps?

does that mean if I upgrade my plan later the line is capable of delivering speeds upto 2 Mbps?

Yup. You can get DL speed

Attainable rate is the Max rate your line can support atm, rate is the rate at which your line is synced at. For example my line is synced at 8mbps downstream, but my speed profile is 2mbps (the actual speed as per my plan), similarly your speed profile is 512kbps

Attainable rate is the Max rate your line can support atm, rate is the rate at which your line is synced at. For example my line is synced at 8mbps downstream, but my speed profile is 2mbps (the actual speed as per my plan), similarly your speed profile is 512kbps

Thanks. I asked in detail because according to the plan I had requested (which wasnt changed nor showed in selfcare) I should have been getting 2 Mbps (bbg combo 850 ULD).

It had been a week and finally I called customer care today and also lodged a complaint via selfcare. About an hour after that my speed is now 2 Mbps and also the plan change shows up at selfcare.

However in between I had switched off and switched on my modem which I dont do normally for many days.

I wonder what worked- Calling customer care and some change from back end or restarting the modem?!!

Most likely cc, else plan change wouldn't have shown up.

I wonder what worked- Calling customer care and some change from back end...

I think they finally changed your plan and applied the concerned speed profile/bandwidth policy.
But it's got nothing to do with and won't reflect on your modem's ADSL stats page since your current speed profile:
2 mbps (speed you're getting)

Most likely cc, else plan change wouldn't have shown up.

I guess thats unlikely. Coz I called at about 5:30 P.M. and when I informed the lady about the plan not being changed for about 1 week she was surprised and asked to enquire at the exchange. However she wrote my complaint of slow speed. At no time did I tell her what plan I had requested to be changed.