USING VSNL MAIL ACCOUNT WITH TRIBAND

• Thread starter Thread starter pktyagi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 31,705

pktyagi

I have an active VSNL e-mail account for several years. In March 05 I opted for Triband. I am unable to configure the Outlook to send mail tfrom my vsnl.com account though the incoming mails are being received. VSNL staff say that the site is blocked by MTNL and MTNL have been unable to help. Is there a way the set up the outlook to perform this task? Thanks

I guess VSNL uses PO3 for e-mail. Try configuring Outlook / Outlook Express for a POP3 account. "mail.vsnl.com" is the POP3 server & "smtp.vsnl.com" is the outgoing SMTP server. These r the only details u require 2 configure ur Mail client.

Its not MTNL who have blocked your SMTP server. Its actually VSNL. Infact very few Internet service provider's will let you use their SMTP server from some other ISP's account. That means that u can use VSNL's SMTP server to send mails only if your are connected to the net through VSNL and not any other ISP (MTNL in ur case).This restriction doesnt apply to pop3 servers or web based mails so u can receive mails in outlook.Solution...simply use MTNL's smtp server and in the from field use ur VSNL email address or install any smtp server software on ur computer.

Originally posted by cyberwiz@Jan 2 2006, 09:12 PM
Its not MTNL who have blocked your SMTP server. Its actually VSNL. Infact very few Internet service provider's will let you use their SMTP server from some other ISP's account. That means that u can use VSNL's SMTP server to send mails only if your are connected to the net through VSNL and not any other ISP (MTNL in ur case).

This restriction doesnt apply to pop3 servers or web based mails so u can receive mails in outlook.

Solution...simply use MTNL's smtp server and in the from field use ur VSNL email address or install any smtp server software on ur computer.
[snapback]38084[/snapback]
[/quote]

Originally posted by max@Jan 3 2006, 01:00 AM
post your outlook setup?
[snapback]38110[/snapback]
[/quote]

Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.vsnl.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.vsnl.com

Log on using: user name and pssword for VSNL account
Connection: connect using my phone line

2 solutions are there for this;
1) you can use mtnl E-Mail ID (which is absolutely free)
2) If you still want to use VSNL mail ID, you can apply for static IP from MTNL (1000 Rs per year) and change your smtp server address as smtp1.mtnl.net.in

Originally posted by pktyagi@Jan 2 2006, 12:45 AM
I have an active VSNL e-mail account for several years. In March 05 I opted for Triband. I am unable to configure the Outlook to send mail tfrom my vsnl.com account though the incoming mails are being received. VSNL staff say that the site is blocked by MTNL and MTNL have been unable to help. Is there a way the set up the outlook to perform this task? Thanks
[snapback]38022[/snapback]
[/quote]