Using VoIP device with Broadband connection

• Thread starter Thread starter sam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,699

sam

I have couple of VoIP devices. Once is Cisco ATA 186 & another one is Linksys PAP2 a 2 port voice device. Since BSNL provides only modem based broadband connection I am not able to connect the device and use it. Since Asianet's broadband connection comes with limited data transfer plans, they are authentication it with user id & password. so I am not able to connect my device. Only possible way is I have to buy Asianet's unlimited bandwidth plan. But their cost is high for the unlimited bandwidth. Can anyone suggest me a good solution.

I have heard that we can use VOIP service on the BSNL boadband connection....but not sure ...let the other experts answer

Originally posted by sam@Jun 6 2005, 03:11 PM
I have couple of  VoIP devices. Once is Cisco ATA 186 & another one is Linksys PAP2    a 2 port voice device. Since BSNL provides only modem based broadband connection I am not able to connect the device and use it. Since Asianet's broadband connection comes with limited data transfer plans, they are authentication it with user id & password. so I am not able to connect my device. Only possible way is I have to buy Asianet's unlimited bandwidth plan. But their cost is high for the unlimited bandwidth.

Can anyone suggest me a good solution.
[snapback]11561[/snapback]
[/quote]

HI,

I am from hyderabad and using linksys pap2 with router, ur is router or only voip device, if u have router cum voip device u can use that as a router and voip purpose with BSNL connection, or if u have only voip device like cisco ata, then u have to purchase a D-Link or some other computer broadband router and use voip simultaneously browse internet on system

Sam, You can put an Extra NIC in your computer and then share the Dialup connection to get an automatic IP for the NIC and then connect the Patch cable to Cisco ATA Device with the RJ-45 based connection and set the IP based configuration which is normally been used for a 192.168.0.1-254 based network. I have never seen the CISCO ATA device but if we see logically the solution should work if CISCO ATA device has option to set IP/Gateway/DHCP/DNS/Gatekeeper ThanksPrivilege