Using Vodafone EDGE on 3G n/w to get consistent speeds (not 3G speeds)

• Thread starter Thread starter rak007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6,174

rak007

Regular
ISP
YOU Broadband 1 Mbps Unlimited
My wife has Vodafone prepaid card and has 99 Rs / 1 gb 2G plan activated. I tried to use the same on her iPhone by doing the enable 3G thing but the data refuses to work in 3G mode and immediately switches to E mode.Any way to make it work ?Let me be very clear that I am NOT EXPECTING 3G speeds but consistent 2G or lower speeds. Asking this because I had previously tried tata docomo couple of years back and when used in 3G mode it gave consistent speeds of 128 Kbps (small b).I want to make this work only for getting "consistent" speeds.

try this trick on idea cellular if they have 3g license in ur area.I used this trick in delhi circle on idea, subscribed to 2g pack and then used it on wcdma mode. although speed was not lke 3g but much better than 2g.suddenly one day, then sim refused to take network on wcdma mode.

well
with my android i have feature of only GSM MODE / AUTO / WDCDMA / 3 G / ETC / PREFERRED

On an iPhone 4 (or earlier iphone), go in to Settings>General>Network and turn of 3G.

http://www.howardforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82872&d=1341810885

If you want to turn off the 3g data package ie dont be using up your limit
go to: SETTINGS-GENERAL-CELLULAR-CELLULAR DATA- SELECT OFF

I think the above turns off 3g for using the internet and data but still uses it for calls etc

To turn off 3g completely
go to: SETTINGS-GENERAL-CELLULAR-ENABLE 3G-SELECT OFF

Hope this helps people

My wife has Vodafone prepaid card and has 99 Rs / 1 gb 2G plan activated. I tried to use the same on her iPhone by doing the enable 3G thing but the data refuses to work in 3G mode and immediately switches to E mode.
Any way to make it work ?

Let me be very clear that I am NOT EXPECTING 3G speeds but consistent 2G or lower speeds. Asking this because I had previously tried tata docomo couple of years back and when used in 3G mode it gave consistent speeds of 128 Kbps (small b).
I want to make this work only for getting "consistent" speeds.

Hello Sir,

We value your time on the call. We will get back to you with further assistance in 48 hours.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care, Mumbai.

My wife has Vodafone prepaid card and has 99 Rs / 1 gb 2G plan activated. I tried to use the same on her iPhone by doing the enable 3G thing but the data refuses to work in 3G mode and immediately switches to E mode.
Any way to make it work ?

Let me be very clear that I am NOT EXPECTING 3G speeds but consistent 2G or lower speeds. Asking this because I had previously tried tata docomo couple of years back and when used in 3G mode it gave consistent speeds of 128 Kbps (small b).
I want to make this work only for getting "consistent" speeds.

On a 2G plan you can not log on to the 3G network on Vodafone. At best it will show 3G for a split second and the network will fall back to 2G. At least that is how it works in Delhi.

On a 2G plan you can not log on to the 3G network on Vodafone. At best it will show 3G for a split second and the network will fall back to 2G. At least that is how it works in Delhi.

yes that's exactly what happens. 3G comes for a split second and then back to E.

Tata Docomo used to work that way too. But they've disabled this. Unless you activate a 3g pack, you won't be able to access their 3g network.