• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 7,452

torrentbhai

Regular
ISP
MTNL 749NU PLAN
hello
i am using pctv pci tv tuner card. everything was fine on xp and now that i have shifted on vista(32 bit) cannot watch tv on pc.the card is almost 6 years old.

though vista downloads drivers for the tv tuner card through automatic update still i cannot view tv as the pctv software is not compatible with vista. even windvr is not completely functional on vista.

i downloaded the vista compatible software from their site but it asks for a key(saying the key is on the cd that came with hardware , but my cd is so old it does not have a serial). software name being PinnacleTV center pro.
please let me know any serial for the same or any other software to view tv. media center in vista does not use the tuner card.🙁:wall:

my pinnacle tv tuner card was dead on xp sp2. it worked fine on linux. so much for hardware support on the windows platform.

My pinnacle USB 2.0 external tv tuner is working fine with WIN XP SP2 . I use a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card since my laptop has only USB 1.0

My pinnacle USB 2.0 external tv tuner is working fine with WIN XP SP2 .

I use a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card since my laptop has only USB 1.0

i downloaded the vista software from pinnacle site but asks for serial...
if you do not haveany hassles can you p[lease forward the serial of installation cd that ca,e with pcmcia usb card ..
that will just do the trick for me..the serial should be in following format , either om cd or the cd case..

might be five digits instead of four

and yes distributing the serial does not get it blaclisted .as it is meant for using hardware which they sold..

please pm me the serial..not sure if posting serials is allowed in the forums

thanks a lot

Hello torrentbhai,

I think you misunderstood about the pinnacle product Im using.

Im not using the "PCMCIA TV Tuner card".Im using the PCTV USB 2.0 External TV Tuner(Box type) which is connected to an ordinary PCMCIA card USB 2.0 card with the USB cable.

The USB cable supplied with the PCTV USB box is inserted into the PCMCIA card instead of the USB port of the laptop.

As regards the software serial number it should be there somewhere on the pinnacle website :

Pinnacle Systems, the leader in video editing, TV tuners for the PC, and digital media adapters

If I find it I'll let you know.I think the serial number should show up once you click on the software download button or you can find it in the online documentation of your PCTV product .

The serial number is a common number and not a secret one .

I have no idea about PCTV card and vista.However the following link should help :
Answer

What about VirtualDub? You can use VirtualDub to see/ capture tv programs if it works on Vista.

well i managed to install the tv center pro , gwtting serial was the hardest part....however the media center does not recognise the tuner cardseems like they have ended support for it..and the tuner card is dead,,,however i am using it with win dvr3 without the sound controls

Windows Media Centre requires a special kind of tv tuner card (they are available in the market branded as such). It won't recognise regular cards. And what do you mean by card is dead but are watching it without sound?

partially dead on vista, as sound functions not available through win dvr...sound cable from tuner card directly plugged to speakers....cannot change volume or mute through softwarethis is by far most i could get on vista..for my tuner card the drivers are supplied by microsoft through auto update

found solution for vistachristv professional ..google it ..also works for cards other than pinnacle which are dead on vistavisit their site , very good software and 4 mb size,,,