using multiple computers with data one

• Thread starter Thread starter path
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,384

path

ISP
airtel
HiI was wondering if one can connect more than one computer to the net with the data one connection from BSNL. I've not seen it yet, but I've been told BSNL works using pppoe. Now at home right now we have an older connection from BSNL called "Banyan". I have a D-Link wireless router. I tried to use that, however the router is not able to authenticate itself to the Banyan connection using pppoe. Nor was my brand new computer able to connect directly. I called the tech support line at Banyan and they insisted upon me using raspppoe ... which at firs glance seems to be nothing more than a special implementation of pppoe. But when I installed it on my computer it worked perfectly. And my router ofcourse cannot dial in. This has stymied me from getting both computers online. We plan to shit to BSNL's data one connection, I was just wondering if the issue right now is the same, or if a router will work on that?Thanks

banayan modem works on dias and not the adsl which dataone is working on.I have connected 2 seperate pcs on the same log-in in july at 2 different locations ( i had 2 subscriptions so data one was active on both ). The login used was a dormant one where the load is low.I mean Login - bsnlcmd was used at 2 telephone/dataones at seperate exchnages at the simultaneous monent. The 2nd telephone has a dataone by login dmclnsb but I dint use that and used the bsnlcmd login.Both ran successfully but I was not sure if the speed was fine on both as I was getting decent speed. But i think it was okie speed.They dont loose anythig if they permit this as because if I exceed the limit of 1 Gb because of this then they can bill me extra for it.I even used my router to dial in from 2 different pcs on the same router to bsnl once. This was also successful. Later I configured the router to dial in on its own rather than me dial in because I dont mind sharing bandwidth with pcs within my household or set up. When the router dials in then all I do is switch on the router and it auto dials and then when I swtich any oc then it is connected on its own thru the router on the lan settings. Don't need to give IP to each PC.

well as long as the router's pppoe client can work with whatever they use at dataone, that's good. I'm not quite sure what DIAS is, but for whatever reason the pppoe that comes with D-Link routers and inbuilt in winxp don't work. But raspppoe somehow magically does.

WIn XP built in PPPoe does work, I have used it so in not just place but set it up for numerous freinds as well.Anyways, so long as a thing works its ok.DIAS Modem is on PPPoe but does not work on Dataone - first hand experience.