Using Gprs

• Thread starter Thread starter amda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,396

amda

I am staying in Bangalore.I have bought a Nokia E50. EDGE/GPRS enabled, supports Blackberry and all.I have a Hutch connection.My Queries:1) What use will the GPRS service will be for me if I get it enabled.2) Which is the better GPRS service provider - Airtel or Hutch.3) If I have GPRS enabled, can I surf the internet on my mobile phone while I am on roaming (National),without having to pay extra roaming charges.Thanks in advance for any help and suggestion

What use,depend on you 😛 You can surf,check mails,download,chat and do whatever....(bla bla bla)please do note that speeds are low.As i know hutch's gprs plans are either data limited or they charge per volume of data,which is basically a rip off compared to airtel's unlimited plans.and tariff im not sure,depends on the circle you are on.As i know you can use GPRS while roaming (i have tried this only with airtel),there isnt additional roaming charges for GPRS (again,i know about airtel only for sure).

Airtel GPRS is different in Prepaid and Postpaid connections. In Prepaid it provides a basic proxy based GPRS where you can use only AirtelLive services (At least in Rajasthan). This can not be used for surfing Internet. In hutch this is available on prepaid and postpaid both.

u can choose airtel than vodafone because vodafone charges for every downloads and there was no proper connection . u should select airtel for proper connection