Using GameRanger in BSNL 3G using UMG1831 modem

• Thread starter Thread starter njeevanraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3,333

njeevanraj

ISP
BSNL 3G
hi guys,have anyone tried using gameranger to play with BSNL 3G? I am using a mac os x and windows xp in vmware fusion 3. When i use game ranger from windows, i am getting "Symmetric Nat Router Error". That my internet is behind a symmetric NAT router. i tried some port forwarding softwares. But i am not sure how to fix this. Can anyone please suggest some ideas? any other gaming software or hw to properly use port forwarding(im totally new to this)? suggestions pls. Thanks,Jeevan

This error generally occurs when your router does not support ipv6 internet address configuration in other words it is the network translation error, maybe the software you are using uses ipv6 and your router and network do not ... hence the error ...

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

also maybe because gameranger uses the concept of VPN (virtual private network) and 3G internet has restricted access you might be getting this error because your pc is not able to connect to the gameranger server to obtain a VPN IP. The best solution is to use wireline /wi-max ( more mainstream services ) internet for gaming .

Thanks Aurora. But r u telling that i cant play using any of these gaming services without issues with a 3G connection at any cost? or is there any other way we can try to make this working properly.?