Using Dlink DSL-2750U as a regular router?

• Thread starter Thread starter naif
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 12,493

naif

ISP
Dataone
Hi everyone! I have a D-Link DSL-2750U which I was using with my ADSL connection but today I dropped that connection and I am now using a different connection which works over a LAN set up. The provider of this connection said I'll not be able to use my existing ADSL router with this connection and said I would have to purchase a plain wireless router but doesn't have an ADSL modem built into it. Is this true? Is there a way I can configure one of the 4 LAN ports as a WAN port which I can use for this connection?I spent around 4 hours so far trying to get it to work but so far I have had no luck! Hoping to find some help here.Regards.

You can connect it in bridge mode and use only 1 machine to access internet. Else you may need to buy plain router. Are you using Beam fiber?

Set Wan settings to "MER" all other settings auto select. connect rj45 of ISP to LAN1 . then LAN2 to computer. Check internet can be accessed. Wifi settings as usual.A standalone wifi router preferred. ( select Dynamic IP)

Hi everyone! I have a D-Link DSL-2750U which I was using with my ADSL connection but today I dropped that connection and I am now using a different connection which works over a LAN set up. The provider of this connection said I'll not be able to use my existing ADSL router with this connection and said I would have to purchase a plain wireless router but doesn't have an ADSL modem built into it. Is this true? Is there a way I can configure one of the 4 LAN ports as a WAN port which I can use for this connection?

I spent around 4 hours so far trying to get it to work but so far I have had no luck! Hoping to find some help here.

Regards.

Hello Guys i need help with this modem.
The installation CD isnt working it is not detecting the modem.
How to i install the modem to my terminal...??

Hello Guys i need help with this modem.
The installation CD isnt working it is not detecting the modem.
How to i install the modem to my terminal...??

Same problem for me also... Somebody help please!

Same problem for me also... Somebody help please!

I'm stuck too!!

Hi I'm using this same adsl modem as a router. You need not install anything from the CD.Just insert your beam cable into the routers lan port and use another rj-45 cable to connect this router to PC. If your getting any error like no internet access just reset your router. The only draw back is u cannot connect to multiple devices.