Using BSNL ADSL modem as a LAN switch

mintoo2cool

ISP
BSNL
i have a desktop with fedora10 and a laptop with windows vista.my desktop is connected to my Huawei DSL Router (WA1003A) using ethernet.and i m able to connect the laptop to the same DSL router using wireless (WLAN).I have setup samba to share folders and samba server is running...my question is that can i use my DSL router to send files from desktop to laptop or laptop to desktop? if so how?

OS problem.You can transfer files/folders if OS is same in both systems. Windows Xp or Vista. no idea about Linux.

what i basically want to know is how to make my system identifiable in a network?the router knows that my desktop is connected to itthe router knows that my laptop is connected to itbut the 2 systems dont know that the other system is also present...could you tell me how you could do this if i had windows on both the systems?how to make another system visible on a LAN network?

i have a desktop with fedora10 and a laptop with windows vista.

my desktop is connected to my Huawei DSL Router (WA1003A) using ethernet.
and i m able to connect the laptop to the same DSL router using wireless (WLAN).

I have setup samba to share folders and samba server is running...

my question is that can i use my DSL router to send files from desktop to laptop or laptop to desktop? if so how?

smaba is bit complex..............use ftp server in fedora u can get those very easily....

Ferdora has inbuilt ftp server and for windows try xligit ftp server both are free......

never mind please turn the dhcp down............

imean that keep 192.168.1.2 for dekstop and 192.168.1.3 for laptop ...

this will help u to figure it out....

try ftp server or try NFS( Network File server ) and keep the the domain as workgroup ....

think this will help u

smaba is bit complex..............use ftp server in fedora u can get those very easily....

Ferdora has inbuilt ftp server and for windows try xligit ftp server both are free......

never mind please turn the dhcp down............

imean that keep 192.168.1.2 for dekstop and 192.168.1.3 for laptop ...

this will help u to figure it out....

try ftp server or try NFS( Network File server ) and keep the the domain as workgroup ....

think this will help u

thanks for the info kanishka...i appreciate that. i will try what i can do with ftp...but my ultimate objective was to let windows laptop access the printer connected to my fedora-desktop. samba is the perfect solution for this...
is there any other way to share a printer, besides samba?

thanks for the info kanishka...i appreciate that. i will try what i can do with ftp...but my ultimate objective was to let windows laptop access the printer connected to my fedora-desktop. samba is the perfect solution for this...
is there any other way to share a printer, besides samba?

u can put the port 611 open in fedora and linux is intelligent enough to put the pritner on the network than the stupid windows............

umm...what? i m sorry but i could not understand...why port 611? printers port (IPP port) is udp-631...port 611 is Network Peripheral Management Protocol...so how will that help?

umm...what? i m sorry but i could not understand...why port 611? printers port (IPP port) is udp-631...
port 611 is Network Peripheral Management Protocol...so how will that help?

sorry it was 631 miswrote as 611 😕

Is there any way to increase the download speed by connecting double lan connection to PC.Like,[Lan1 connection speed 250Kbps] + [Lan2 connection speed 250Kbps] + [WLAN connection speed 250Kbps] = 750 Kbps:iplay: