Using Alumunium Foil for EVDO

• Thread starter Thread starter bajechele
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,916
ISP
Internet on Cable
Few months ago I complained here DIRECTORATE OF PUBLIC* GRIEVANCES about bad evdo speed in my area. A divisional engineer named K.Lal used to call me often after that and used to apologize for inconvenience caused and all that and told me that they would install new tower nearby to my home.I also got a letter from Directorate of Public Grievances Cabinet Secretariat regarding the same that they will take action :S I thought they are bluffing and making fool of me,

As still I have great passion for Wireless

So in order to check if he had really taken any action to improve coverage,

Recently I recharged with 250Rs for 7 days Unlimtied on my EVDO no ( General Plan) but was not getting any speed above 512kbps if connected directly to PC though attenuation was -79dbm with full signal and 5bars. So used an extension Hub, placed it on the Printer and wrapped it with an aluminum foil ( as its a good conductor of BSNL wireless signals as said to be :S and also placed an cd near to it as suggested by some :Read: and getting this speed all the time. :S Yesterday downloaded above 6GB from Video streaming sites :secret:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3933/evdojpg.jpg

Though the Upload speed still sucks not above 160kbps and there is a drawback that if I download 600MB at a stretch the connection disconnects automatically.Not to mention the latency is also still poor in BSNL.🙁

But still its better than other wireless providers as long its UNLIMITED.

Could you post the picture of the device, I mean how you wrapped the whole thing.....

^ 1. Do you mean they installed a EVDO tower at your locality ? That's great achievement!!2. Can you post the picture of your EVDO modem along with these extra-addons! 3. Can you suggest a router, which supports ZTE AC2766 for using with BSNL EVDO.

ya they have installed new tower in Garfa Exchange which is near to my home and updated coverage plot. Previously there was only one tower at Santoshpur Lake which was overloaded always and MTS used to share that tower resulting in many problems.
Check this:
http://calcuttatelephones.com/cdma_news/JDP.pdf
This is the device :

Pic taken from net as I currently dont have a good camera.

You can use this router, it supports evdo

http://www.ebay.in/itm/3G-433B-N-Series150mbps-Wireless-Router-GSM-CDMA-EVDO-HSPA-UMTS-ADSL-WiFi-/280840386847?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item416364391f

Could you post the picture of the device, I mean how you wrapped the whole thing.....
plain wrapping nothing special about it. I dont have a camera currently and the one in mobile has been damaged so cannot post the pic 🙁

What do you get when you use torrents ??

Where to keep the CD? Above the device, below it, or beside it?

Hmmm... I tried everything.. Speeds are now a little better.. earlier it was 22kBps, now it comes at 35kBps..