using 2 connections on one line?

• Thread starter Thread starter avenue
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,443

avenue

ISP
bsnl
hi guys...actually i have a problem.....earlier i had 2 connections one for home and one for office.....i used to use both at home....recently my friend got a 500rs connection which iam unable to use on my telephone line....one of my other friend who also got his connection recently can use it easily🙁pls help.....

Welcome to Broadbandforum.in1.How many Internet connections you need in your house ? 2.What are the tariff plans you use at present for Home for office ??3. How many computers you want to use ?4.How far is your friend from your house ?

hi..i have one 250 plan at my home which iam trying to change to 500 one....as for the no of computer thing, tat is immaterial cause i would be using one telephone line for all of them hence doesnt matter.....both of my friends home are at a distance of about 500 to 600 mtrs....and they both can use each others id(which is the latest one ie tat doesnt show up in usage at bsnl portal,where as mine being quite old-sep 2006)but iam not able to use theirs...

^^ BSNL implements port binding on all broadband accounts. Sooner or later your friend's connections will also be port-bound.

I have no idea , how your friends can use the same BB account, from different telephone numbers. May be parallel connection has been taken for one phone. Any way one of them will get a hefty bill, if day usage of 2.5 Gb is exceeded ( combined usage ). The free night usage is also metered. but amount shown as 0.
The telephone number/user Id/portalID are all linked now for new users with IP 117.xx.xx.xx
http://p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/
Ask them to check their individual usage account regularly. with their 14 digit portal ID./password.
You can also check the accts if you have access to their portal ID's. /password.

Para two :
Since you have decided to change to Home 500plan
connect any number of computers.Your IP will be 59.93.xx.xx or start with 59.xx.xx.xx
There is no need to use your friend's BB connection. or you also ask for a parallel telephone line extension from your friend's house. .