Users' interaction with DataOne Managers

• Thread starter Thread starter p_jayant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1,555

p_jayant

ISP
Dataone
Every telecom Service Provider in India seems to suffer from varying degrees of customer dissatisfaction. But if an award is instituted for highest Customer Dissatisfaction, I am sure it will go to DataOne of B S N L. Failure of broadband service during the 48 hours of any weekend is bad enough but not to be able to contact any Customer Service or Network Officer to find out when the service will be restored is unpardonable. On the top of it, the DataOne service fails not on just some one random week-end but has been failing every weekend for the last few months. This past weekend, we have had a record interruption of three and a half days in Internet Services.

Contact DataOne's HelpDesk number and you get a recorded message saying it is temporarily disconnected and the other number is engaged at any time of the day. If DataOne staff take the Server down for maintenance, there is never any intimation to Customers about planned maintenance by e-mail or through the HelpDesk number. If I was able to contact an Engineer on duty to find out the cause and progress of repairs, it was only because I had his mobile number from previous emergencies

If the fibre optic cable used for broadband service gets hit and the Internet services go down, DataOne knows nothing about it. The user has to contact the local telephone exchange and check out if there is any PMC work going on in his area and telephone lines have got affected. Added to this are the woes faced by Users in some localities, like Bhosale Nagar, who are served by a subsidiary branching Server installed in the B S N L 's Network for Broadband Service. This subsidiary branching Server, totally unattended, has failed several times in the last year. But its failure is not noticed by Nerwork Management staff of DataOne until a number of Users raise a hue and cry about their inability to get response from the DataOne Server (Error 678).

I think it is high time DataOne users form a Users’ Forum and call the DataOne Manager of B S N L in Pune for a tête-à-tête to provide some reasonable norms of 1) service uptime and maintenance downtime, 2) time to repair broadband faults, 3) Management of branching subsidiary Servers and 4) a 24-hour manned customer service HelpDesk.

P. Jayant

Most of the services provided by the Govt. sucks. Thats why more and more ppl are switching to private service providers these days. The only good thing about BSNL is the tariffs are lower than most others but several flaws overrun that only good part.