User Review: Samsung Chromebook

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 9,033
So, I finally got my hands on the much desired Samsung Chromebook. It is a tiny little package with pretty nice display. Build quality? Typical Samsung. Does not feel solid.

Performance wise, the dual core ARM processor is not very good. It works fine on regular web pages but load a few heavy ones and everything turns into a mess.

I tried surfing the forum while listening to Google Music in another tab. Horrible user experience. Browser literally cried. I guess 2GB RAM does not matter much when the processor is grossly underpowered?

In any case, dad seems to be quite satisfied with it. It boots incredibly fast. Display is better than the previous netbook he had. It’s wider so most web pages fit fine on it. Battery life is something I would only find out in the days to come. But should suffice for his needs if Google’s 6.5 hours claim is anywhere close to real world figures.

Here are a bunch of random photos. Bad quality. I was just too eager to open it up and start playing with it so used my phone instead of my regular camera.

This is going to be this machine's primary task.

Please share any better places to track stocks and commodities. Something that runs in a web browser of course. 😀

on web browser i dont really know much ..........google finance should be ok , or yahoo finance maybe .
best ways is spend 500 rs or something to open an online account which uses odin software to run , its the fastest way to get accurate prices
but that is out of question now as u now have chromebook 😀

My dad's timing is so awesome that he would probably have sold it before it jumped.

well in that case i must tell you its not the timing of ur dad.............its the timing of most dads(ppl), when they sell stock jumps hard 😀

So, there is a known 'bug' that Chrome OS cannot open password protected zip. This alone was enough for my dad to diss the Chromebook saying that the crappier netbook running Ubuntu/WindowsXP was better. Apparently nothing seems to be going well for me.

so what?? what does he need to open pass protected zip files for??
not all zip are pass protected

His broker sends him statements as password protected zips. Now I have to take care of each zip on a daily basis. 😛irate: