User Review: Micromax A116 Canvas HD

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 88
  • Views Views 17,758
Well, technically, not my phone. But, I guess that is not the point of discussion here. So, moving on..

i) Accessories - Headset, Charger .. Thats it.. Not that was expecting anything else.
ii) Played a few HD videos. No lag.
iii) There were couple of games - Played the cricket game. There was a slight lag. Dad wanted the games to be removed (as to keep kids away from his prized possession) , so helped him do that
iv) Photos looks good, but then I am not good at taking photos. But attached a couple, so maybe you can judge.
v) Sound is a little less, not bad. But I feel at max. level, it should be 30% more.
vi) Dont think they have added any Custom UI. Just some minor customization. Just a few pre-loaded apps apart from Google ones.
vii) Internet browsing is just fine. Downloads & especially Installation looks superfast compared to his old HTC Wildfire phone
viii) Used live wallpapers for a while & the battery drained like crazy. Back to normal wallpaper, but still it seems it drains quiet fast. Need to check if some app is causing a problem. But then, the phone is in use for the past few hours continuously.
ix) Price - 13990. Would say VFM. Delivery was quick from Snapdeal. Bought on Early hours of 14th & delivered by noon of 16th
x) @admin - No its not that thin, but quite similar to Galaxy Note if you can compare. And there is no one coming out of the phone in a ski as well.

Question on phone storage. I inserted a 2 GB SD card. And now storage shows

Phone Storage - 0.98 GB, 704 MB available
Internal SD - 1.77 GB, 1.67 available
External SD - 1.84 GB, 0.92 GB available

So.. What is the difference between "Phone Storage" & "Internal SD"

Also, do let me know if any specific queries.

Here are the photos that I took. I guess it shows that there is one career I cannot possibly switch to, if I want.

Phone storage is where your apps are installed, also the place where the data of your apps are stored too.

Ok. So the phone capacity = phone storage + internal SD? , in this case 0.98 + 1.77 = 2.75 GB (out of 4 GB mentioned) ?

you are lucky that there was no one in the balcony loliJokes apart,the camera seems good and rich in definition.if possible try clicking photo of moving car or something,thats what i check in all the phone cameras mostly.

I made sure no one was in the picture, before I posted online 😛 Will ask my dad to do it when he goes out, as it is unlikely that I would be taking it out of my own, anytime soon.

Build quality is fine. Not as good as HTC, but I guess you can say its same or better than some of the Samsung models I have held. @manu1991 - Will run that & let you know in a while@MediaFire - There are many photos already out there. I can get one more. But its a pain considering I need ask my Dad to take out his Digital camera & then transfer etc (My own phone camera is terrible, and trust me, you are better of without seeing one than seeing through my phone's camera)Seems no Magnetic sensor....

no one asked the most important question? how does your dad like it? happy with the device? happy with the size? happy with the software?

Oh my dad simply loves it. He already had handled Canvas 2 & Samsung S3 - so he knew what to expect in terms of size. He "misses" a couple of things from HTC Sense, but nothing that he will loose sleep over.

right. the trap samsung and htc set through touchwiz and sense. we just need one feature that people would miss when they move to a competing company's device. /s

Dont seem to. But, then can you tell me what they are... I tried using all the combos of hardware keys...